[Map] The Imperialists

Divadrr

[Map] The Imperialists

Post by Divadrr » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Hello again, as you can see I really enjoy making maps. I used the map Forest Hills for a templet, but deleted a lot of the trees to make it run faster, but unfortunately it's still a little slow.

I had some trouble with this one, but learned some important things. Be carful when using the Nav Mesh. I saved the nav mesh and then made the mistake of deleting some objects and then saved my level. When I went into the areas with the objects that were deleted I got the error code, "

There is no movement object 44
Called from:
Data. . . ."

The objects I deleted were still in the nav mesh which caused the error. So all I needed to do was create a new nav mesh and save it again which refreshed all the objects. I hope this helps someone. If you need me to explain it any further please just ask.
Attachments
the_imperialists.png
the_imperialists.png (52.53 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
the_imperialists_t.xml
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by Divadrr on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: [Map] The Imperialists

Post by Constance » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Divadrr wrote:The objects I deleted were still in the nav mesh which caused the error. So all I needed to do was save the nav mesh again which refreshed all the objects. I hope this helps someone. If you need me to explain it any further please just ask.
Oooooooohhhhhhh...
So that's why that happens. Good to know.

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Man I love these huge, epic combat maps. The way you use the existing terrain to make a "flow" for your levels is seriously impressive.

Keep it up!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Added to the Community Content Browser in SUMLauncher. :)

randomspark

Post by randomspark » Fri May 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Hey there! i have been looking at some of the maps online and i was interested in this one

However when loading this map on Ubuntu 12.10, via the main menu it fails to load texture: Forest_hills_c.tga

"Could not load imagefile data/textures/terrain/forest_hills/forest_hills_c.tga"

and then clicking okay of course closes to desktop.

I felt like you should be aware of this so if there is any thing i can offer you to make thisfixable (if it is) i would not hesitate to ask.

last

Post by last » Sat May 18, 2013 3:22 am

Judging by the date you have joined with our community you may not know about many things jet. One of those things are that there are some fixes made by the community members together with the developers.
The community have made a tool, that can do many things much simpler for others, it is called SUM launcher.
After you have installed this and set up it right, then you have access to community content browser.
In there, you can easily install maps and mods, that other members have made and along with those you can find some fixes there to.
I suggest that you install at least those fixes Skyboxes - Anton and Fixes - Anton. Those are the most important fixes that you can have.

AggressiveRabbit

Post by AggressiveRabbit » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:18 am

I'm able to play this map but I do get this peculiar error:

Whale fail :(
Object file "data/objects/environment/rocks/lichen_rock_a.xml" not found. Loading the fail whale instead.