*CLOSED* Admin Please Delete.

Thomason1005

Re: [Community][WIP] Overgrowth: Online Multiplayer Project

Post by Thomason1005 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:51 am

WHAAAAAAT how is this possible this is pretty friggin awesome m8s

i always thought this was doomed to fail so i never checked it but you actually pulled it of
if i can help with anything (scripting ui idk whatever etc) im in

huge respect guys

Surak

Post by Surak » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Here's an update:

Pew, that was really not easy to do.

Dartkitten

Post by Dartkitten » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:38 pm

From what I've seen so far, you have done amazing. Way to pull through and do what most thought impossible. Be sure to utilize Angelscript's initialization scripts a lot, will save a lot of call on function hassles, and possibly give you an easy way to make an auto-connect to a main server when starting the game.

Surak

Post by Surak » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:36 am

Dartkitten wrote:From what I've seen so far, you have done amazing. Way to pull through and do what most thought impossible. Be sure to utilize Angelscript's initialization scripts a lot, will save a lot of call on function hassles, and possibly give you an easy way to make an auto-connect to a main server when starting the game.
Hey, thanks for the hint. Can you expand a bit on the Angelscript initialization scripts or give us a link? I do not find anything relevant with Google :/

cloudedcookie

Post by cloudedcookie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:06 pm

This Could work. if you had 48mb connection. with the fast paced combat if you even had slightly lower internet speed than the person you're fighting you would lose immediately. still a nice concept though :D

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:12 pm

cloudedcookie wrote:This Could work. if you had 48mb connection. with the fast paced combat if you even had slightly lower internet speed than the person you're fighting you would lose immediately. still a nice concept though :D
Eh i have around 500kb/s download and 50kb/s upload and it laggs (and i caused many crashes) bit i still won some fights. Next time i'm prepared when gyrth wants to kick me of a cliff!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:49 pm

cloudedcookie wrote:This Could work. if you had 48mb connection. with the fast paced combat if you even had slightly lower internet speed than the person you're fighting you would lose immediately. still a nice concept though :D
To be fair, by the time the game is done, that will be considered slow.