What We Need.

Dropkickfitz

What We Need.

Post by Dropkickfitz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Hey this is my first posting on the Overgrowth Blog and I just want my ideas to be known and heard by the developers. So I have an idea of how to make the base of the game better. If you are doing this already then forget about it but first make the game more reliable. This includeds crashes that happen every 5 to 10 minutes and a basic start up when you first boot the game insted of that weird console that pops up and scared me the first time I did boot it. 2nd add workshop support so you dont have to download 3rd party files or anything, or dont mess anything up while you download it. And 3rd make a level or something of the sort that can be replayed multiple without it getting boring, the arena is kind of already doing this but I mean like an open world or something of the sort. Feel free to call me an idiot if I said something stupid or say something im missing. Thank you.

Jack of All Trades

Re: What We Need.

Post by Jack of All Trades » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Dropkickfitz wrote:...a basic start up when you first boot the game insted of that weird console that pops up and scared me the first time I did boot it...
Holy shit does that really detract from the game? I mean does it really need a bunch of other bullshit besides the console in the way before you can jump in and start playing?
Last edited by Jack of All Trades on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:10 am

Jack of All Trades wrote:
Dropkickfitz wrote:...a basic start up when you first boot the game insted of that weird console that pops up and scared me the first time I did boot it...
Holy shit does that really detract from the game?
Dude... YES, it does distract him! The first rule of QA: when you get feedback you don't like, don't explain it away! It is an opinion you should consider, like any other.

Is there any downside to not showing the console? Not for customers. If it's an easy change... No reason not to do it!

Ofc, it might not be easy to make different builds for development and players. It invalidates the fix but not the opinion.

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 am

I feel that the console idea was great. I mean, it would be much better if it showed an interface where you could scale your screen with a slider (then save it), check off the different option buttons, such as model detail, or blood on/off, ETC. Personally though, I find that the levels are great!

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 am

I find the console window very helpful when messing around with modding. :P

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:30 am

akazi wrote:I find the console window very helpful when messing around with modding. :P
+1 especially for debug texts in the script

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:11 pm

The console is a developer tool for troubleshooting and error location.
It will likely be hidden by default in the final release, unless booted with a -developer command, which would display the console for modders.