Request an animation

akazi

Re: Request an animation

Post by akazi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 pm

I think the hips for sure need to be lower.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:34 pm

akazi wrote:I think the hips for sure need to be lower.
+1 actually

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:18 pm

rodeje25 wrote:11 minutes?!?!??!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!/!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
that's really fast
It was only 5 keyframes

When you say lower, do you mean lower to the ground or lower to the feet

bayc

Post by bayc » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:28 am

halzoid wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:11 minutes?!?!??!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!/!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
that's really fast
It was only 5 keyframes

Probably lower to the ground.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:32 am

bayc wrote:
halzoid wrote:
that's really fast
It was only 5 keyframes

Probably lower to the ground.
yup.
i was just too amazed by how fast you did that that i forgot that there where things that needed some polish

this is not the best video but it's a good video.
you can use it to polish the animation.
[+] video
as you can see the hips need work and the body swings a bit.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:47 am

rodeje25 wrote:yup.
i was just too amazed by how fast you did that that i forgot that there where things that needed some polish
cool I'll get to work on fixing that now
(unfortunately I forgot to save it so I'll be working on it from scratch. :( )

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:56 am

sorry, I didn't notice the video you added until I was done, but this should at least look better than the original. I built this one more based on the picture you sent

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:09 am

that is a lot better but they use their elbows not their hands

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:11 am

rodeje25 wrote:that is a lot better but they use their elbows not their hands
yep, ill work on that when I finish what I'm doing now, which might be tomorrow... possibly

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:18 pm

You should twist the hips and shoulders!

The arms & legs never move alone, the hips always move with them. There's huge muscles in back, sides, stomach and chest. Shoulders often reverse the hip rotation. When hips rotate up and right, shoulders rotate right and down.

It doesn't have to be that extreme, but it should be visible.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:28 pm

As a Marine and local expert on crawling, the hips need to move more. Then you low crawl, your legs flip left and right. You forward knee will be pointing almost parallel to the ground away from you and your hips rotate quite a lot to accommodate that. Also, the shoulders move a lot too. Your shoulder rotate left and right as you reach forward to drag yourself across the ground. It's actually a very exhausting activity. Low crawling 100 meters is difficult, slow and very, very tiring.

EDIT: As far as extremity of hip and shoulder rotation, it should be related to how fast you are moving. Your hips and shoulders determine your 'stride' length when crawling. The more you rotate your shoulders and hips, the further forward you can reach and backward you can push, allowing you to move faster. Could probably have a slow (short reach and small rotation) and fast (long reach and large rotation) crawl animation that you blend between for different speeds.

EDITEDIT: Also, it's not really accurate to say that you use your elbows. If you are carrying gear or a weapon in yours arms/hands, you will use your elbows more. But if you are not, you will be using your hands to drag yourself across the ground. As you're doing this, be sure to keep his entire body on the ground. You aren't holding yourself off the surface as you crawl, you're just using your arms and legs to drag yourself across the ground. As is, the arms actually look pretty good. More shoulder rotation maybe.

EDITEDITEDIT:Also, a cool idea might be to have the character roll or shuffle sideways, kinda like in Arma. Maybe implement a hotspot for like, barbed wire and stuff that forces him to crawl on his back instead. The back crawl is way better when you have to get under something tight.

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Korban3 wrote:and local expert on crawling,
Modest
Korban3 wrote:EDITEDITEDIT:Also, a cool idea might be to have the character roll or shuffle sideways, kinda like in Arma. Maybe implement a hotspot for like, barbed wire and stuff that forces him to crawl on his back instead. The back crawl is way better when you have to get under something tight.
I could animate them and I am trying to work out how hotspots work so that, if I ever export the swimming animation, then I could set it in specified areas

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:37 pm

I finally had time to do the animation V3

he now uses his elbows more