Futurama characters [WIP and kinda buggy]

RagdollZombie

Futurama characters [WIP and kinda buggy]

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Here's some fun character's i made based on the cartoon/tv show Futurama. Models were made from scratch :D

I've been able to find enough fighting sounds to give them voices with some funny death sounds too.

I'm also working on some humanoid animations so that future humanoid characters will look better instead of using the animal-like Overgrowth animations. So far I've tweaked the run animation and the actionidle pose, but for some reason I can't get the new actionidle pose to show up without replacing the original... so i'll have to figure that out :P
screen4.png
screen2.png
screen3.png
screen5.png

KNOWN BUGS

LEELA IS EXTREMELY GLITCHY! I'd recommend not using her unless you're amused by her ragdoll basically disconnecting from every bone like this (or worse)
glitch1.png
When spawning Leela or Fry, you will get an error-like message that says "Skeleton is not symmetrical". Just click OK and you should be good!

Sometimes the lighting on Bender's eyes and mouth gets glitchy.

For some reason Leela's face and Bender's arms and legs disappear when the camera is a few feet away.
glitch2.png

I'm trying to fix these bugs but I haven't figured out the problem yet :P anyways I hope you enjoy this fun lil' mod

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lcc2epm78jq8 ... s.zip?dl=0

VIDEO:

I'm making Speedrunners characters next! Once I can fix a little problem...

speedrunnerhasatumor.png
Last edited by RagdollZombie on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

moomoohk

Re: Futurama characters [WIP and kinda buggy]

Post by moomoohk » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:49 am

gj rags2riches

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:18 am

This is awesome! And you made the models from scratch? Double Awesome! :D My only problem is .. I can't play as anyone.. It'll start up saying the skeleton isn't symmetrical, but I press ok and the character will spawn anyways. After that when I even attempt to move anywhere it'll crash saying Could not open animation: Data/Animations/h_actionidle.anm Other than that this is epic!

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:56 am

RylanLego wrote:This is awesome! And you made the models from scratch? Double Awesome! :D My only problem is .. I can't play as anyone.. It'll start up saying the skeleton isn't symmetrical, but I press ok and the character will spawn anyways. After that when I even attempt to move anywhere it'll crash saying Could not open animation: Data/Animations/h_actionidle.anm Other than that this is epic!
Ok I need to fix that

For now, I think if you make a copy of r_actionidle and change r_ to h_ that will probably fix it. Can't fix it now, I'm going to bed! :lol:

It should be in your Overgrowth Dara/animations folder (wherever it was installed)

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:08 am

See ya in the morning! When you get back I have a message for you: When doing what you said ( copying the actionidle with r in front to h and putting the new h one in the animations folder, ) It did the same thing but this time said: Could not open animation: Data/Animations/h_run2.anm I hope we don't have to go through and rename all the animations!! Should I just put all the stuff from the Humanoids folder into the regular Animations folder? I'll leave it up to you for help, but if there's any way to get mine working like yours please tell me! :)

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:51 am

RylanLego wrote:See ya in the morning! When you get back I have a message for you: When doing what you said ( copying the actionidle with r in front to h and putting the new h one in the animations folder, ) It did the same thing but this time said: Could not open animation: Data/Animations/h_run2.anm I hope we don't have to go through and rename all the animations!! Should I just put all the stuff from the Humanoids folder into the regular Animations folder? I'll leave it up to you for help, but if there's any way to get mine working like yours please tell me! :)
Oy..... Yeah put all the of the anims with h_ at the beginning from the humanoid folder into the Animations folder for now

I coulda sworn that I had edited the character .xmls to use the Humanoid folder :P i'll let you know when I get it fixed

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:05 am

Ok it should be fixed now!

Apparently I didn't edit the .xml files to include the Humanoid folder lol :? but fixed it now hopefully

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:09 pm

OK here we go. Starting up Overgrowth with the new Futurama pack installed!! :D ..Ok it did the couldnt load actionidle thing again.. That's weird though, shouldn't the xml link the animations to Humanoids and not just the Animations folder? :( Do you still want me to "put all the of the anims with h_ at the beginning from the humanoid folder into the Animations folder for now"? Thanks a bunch for helping to sort all this out with me.. :)

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:34 pm

OMG I put all the animations from Humanoids that start with the h_ and the characters work!!!! :D :D :D THIS IS AWESOME! How will you fix it to where others won't mess up like I did? :)

I made something for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drz203ak052sd ... 2.mpg?dl=0

Thanks again for being awesome.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it's fixed now, you will just need to re-download the mod :? (well not you since you've fixed it already)

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Oh, in that case I'll clean the traces of the old and put in the new one! Thanks again. :)

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:24 pm

awesome and epic...loving it!!!.....keep the work

rfz

Post by rfz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:55 pm

PHXBN skeleton is not symmetrical. Comes up all the time i move, help me please. And yes i click OK

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:49 pm

I can't work on it till monday... but when I can re-rig the characters, hopefully that will help solve the problem!

DylanDude132471

Post by DylanDude132471 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi, this is a great mod and i love beating up robots as bender.
This is probably my fault, but i am not getting any fighting noises :cry:

edit: Oh, just found out that they only make fighting sounds when fighting eachother. My bad