[Mod] Arena tweaks

BrickArms

[Mod] Arena tweaks

Post by BrickArms » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:20 pm

So I played around with the arena_level.as to add a bit of functionality and teak some settings. The main change is in the event that you lose and you were not entertaining enough, you are "killed" and your stats are set to 0 and your skill is the lowest possible. This makes be entertaining and winning more important.

Installation:
Place the file in your overgrowth directory /data/Scripts

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cjxmq ... a_level.as

rodeje25

Re: [Mod] Arena tweaks

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:38 am

How about you win and entertain anough your stats are multiplied with 1.1 up to 2 depending on how much you entertained the audience.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:39 am

That seems a bit too op.
Multiplication after multiplication will get you incredibly strong incredibly fast.
Probably addition works better, and by smaller numbers (e.g. +0.02 every match)

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 am

Sehiro wrote:That seems a bit too op.
Multiplication after multiplication will get you incredibly strong incredibly fast.
Probably addition works better, and by smaller numbers (e.g. +0.02 every match)
Then explain to me the A.I wich gets pretty fast OP.
It would be cool if it would add more to the stats you used a lot that round and the stats your didn't use a lot would stay the same or go up a little.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:13 am

For sure, even if the A.I. scales by multiplication, it's not of a factor of 10-100% per match.
This would mean that they'd be able to one-shot you after two matches.
For all we know the A.I. might scale with the skill level (skill level number is divided into the different attributes following a formula of this kind: 1.5 in strength, 0.9 in speed, block, and block follow-up, 0.8 in knockback).
I honestly have no idea which kind of formula determines the A.I. attributes. It may also be addition-subtraction (depending on player victory or loss) or multiplication-division (but by a very small factor, around or less than 1%).

Aside from this it is still preferable for the A.I. to scale faster than the player.
I don't know if it scales by multiplication, but if it does it makes sense not to scale the player in the same way. The difficulty curve has to become steeper the more you play, not stay the same, and this could be achievable by increasing the player stats by addition and the enemy stats by multiplication of the same factor.
Still, I need to some playtest before confirming that this method can work properly in this game. The increase might be too fast, even if the factor is 1%. This the course of the stats over 100 consequent victories, purple for the enemy stats and blue for the player stats.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=y% ... to+x%3D100

In any case I'd be very interested in knowing how the A.I. scales, how many stats per macth, of how much, if it depends on the previous match (presence of weapons, multiple enemies or teams), or if it depends solely on the skill level...
If anyone knows, please share.
It would make more sense to know this before starting to work on a formula to increase the player stats.

P.s. I like the idea to increase the stats the player use the most (e.g. kill by pushing into wall -> increase knockback), but it's probably quite hard to implement.

BrickArms

Post by BrickArms » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:26 am

Well I was able to figure out almost all of the arena script code. And it is TERRIBLE. So bloody hard to read. But there is a way to change player stats on the fly based on events for when dodges and throws and things happen. I would sink time into this but saying how they are migrating everything to UR4, it wouldn't be worth it. I will definitely revisit the arena if the devs don't make it more entertaining.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:21 am

That migration isn't going to happen. You should watch ogweekly.com

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:41 am

Also, they should work on the arena soon. Supposedly, in the next alpha we should have a better arena, so maybe it's better to wait and see what they do.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:42 am

Sehiro wrote:Also, they should work on the arena soon. Supposedly, in the next alpha we should have a better arena, so maybe it's better to wait and see what they do.
Onnthat note tommorow i'm going to update the rumors and confirmed stuff topic. Still need to add info about the breakabke weapons and arena guards

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:31 am

Great, thanks a lot :)