[OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

SirWoo

Re: [OGMP] Overgrowth Multiplayer Mod

Post by SirWoo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:12 pm

This is an absolutely great mod. Do you have a donation page? I'm sure I and other players would like to pitch forward some coin for future development and as a way to say Thank You. ;)

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:09 pm

cedavenport wrote:This is an absolutely great mod. Do you have a donation page? I'm sure I and other players would like to pitch forward some coin for future development and as a way to say Thank You. ;)
Hehe. Well I don't know about Surak, but I think SUMLauncher has been around a lot longer and needs the support more. OGMP is using SUMLauncher as a distribution system as well. There is already a Paypal donate button setup here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:41 am

Gyrth wrote:
cedavenport wrote:This is an absolutely great mod. Do you have a donation page? I'm sure I and other players would like to pitch forward some coin for future development and as a way to say Thank You. ;)
Hehe. Well I don't know about Surak, but I think SUMLauncher has been around a lot longer and needs the support more. OGMP is using SUMLauncher as a distribution system as well. There is already a Paypal donate button setup here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201
I see it the same. I appreciate the thought of wanting to donate, but I don't really need donations. If someone has a spare vserver in Europe to host ogmp.de that would be neat though. Doesn't make too much sense the way it is now, i.e. to have a dedicated vps for it, since there is almost no activity on it. If I have the resources I will set it up in a vm on my real server, but I don't have much memory left there.

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:02 pm

OGMP has stopped working for me. I've reinstalled it but the same thing happens; I load into a map, but whenever I press F12, the menu doesn't come up.

IesuWalker99

Post by IesuWalker99 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:39 pm

I have downloaded the mod and from the videos it looks great. But when I launch Overgrowth and try to load just ANY level, the game crashes. It says something about compiling and ogmp and some other stuff. In order for me to just even play Overgrowth, I have to uninstall the ogmp mod. Is this a bug or is it just my pc?

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:41 pm

IesuWalker99 wrote:I have downloaded the mod and from the videos it looks great. But when I launch Overgrowth and try to load just ANY level, the game crashes. It says something about compiling and ogmp and some other stuff. In order for me to just even play Overgrowth, I have to uninstall the ogmp mod. Is this a bug or is it just my pc?
Probably a bug. Could you tell us the version you're using and what the errors are?

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:40 am

I'm using the most recent version. First time I tried it from the github download, and moved the ogmp folder to the mods folder, but that did not work. Second time I downloaded OGMP from the SUMLauncher, which moved everything for me. That also did not work.

The only error I'm noticing is that whenever I press F12 (while in any map) I'm not getting the connection window. It does nothing. I'm assuming there is no Log on this because my game is not crashing or pulling other errors, and nothing other than the OGMP is binded to F12 anyway.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:09 am

SirWoo wrote:I'm using the most recent version. First time I tried it from the github download, and moved the ogmp folder to the mods folder, but that did not work. Second time I downloaded OGMP from the SUMLauncher, which moved everything for me. That also did not work.

The only error I'm noticing is that whenever I press F12 (while in any map) I'm not getting the connection window. It does nothing. I'm assuming there is no Log on this because my game is not crashing or pulling other errors, and nothing other than the OGMP is binded to F12 anyway.
What version of OG? And are you using a special branch? The terminal should give you errors if anything is wrong. What os are you using?

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:25 am

I'm using the a218 build, updated by Steam. Previously I had been using a217, but nothing before that.
Branch? Not sure... Steam?
OS? Windows 10
I've checked terminal for errors but nothing shows up when I press F12. It's almost like something is preventing the F12 key from registering to OG and OGMP.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:36 am

SirWoo wrote:I'm using the a218 build, updated by Steam. Previously I had been using a217, but nothing before that.
Branch? Not sure... Steam?
OS? Windows 10
I've checked terminal for errors but nothing shows up when I press F12. It's almost like something is preventing the F12 key from registering to OG and OGMP.
Could you check in the Mods menu from the main menu, if ogmp is enabled?

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:00 pm

Upon that inspection, the Mods menu lists OGMP as having CollidingFiles.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:04 pm

SirWoo wrote:Upon that inspection, the Mods menu lists OGMP as having CollidingFiles.
Yeah delete or move any other folders you might have in the mods folder. Or find out which files collide.

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Gyrth wrote:
SirWoo wrote:Upon that inspection, the Mods menu lists OGMP as having CollidingFiles.
Yeah delete or move any other folders you might have in the mods folder. Or find out which files collide.
Moving out the Bow And Arrow mod made OGMP no longer collide. However, now every time I try to load a level, I get the error in the attachment...
Attachments
error1.PNG
error1.PNG (7.08 KiB) Viewed 71973 times

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:27 pm

SirWoo wrote:
Gyrth wrote:
Moving out the Bow And Arrow mod made OGMP no longer collide. However, now every time I try to load a level, I get the error in the attachment...
Ah! Now that's something i can help you with. Try this branch. And it should work. Don't know why the bow and arrow mod would collide though. I'll look into it. https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client/tree/a217

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Problem solved!

Thank you so much for all of this help! :D *cheers*