Mod Request: Custom Char

oldkid1940

Mod Request: Custom Char

Post by oldkid1940 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 pm

I wan't to thank Markuss for directing me to his guide, but I have had no luck I am afraid. :cry:
I just ended up confusing myself to be honest, and made it as far as attempting to paint weights on the model provided in Markuss' blender with a youtube tutorial that was no help playing in the background. :lol: For now I'll just stick to a re-palette of Turner.

However if anyone would be kind enough to do so, I would happily pay someone who is experienced enough to create a character for me, or teach me how. If anyone would be willing to do so let me know, until then, I want to thank Markuss again for trying to help. :oops:
Last edited by oldkid1940 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

akazi

Re: Custom Character Flunkee

Post by akazi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Do you want someone to model and texture this character or just rig it from an existing model?

oldkid1940

Post by oldkid1940 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:09 pm

oldkid1940 wrote:Subject: Custom Character Flunkee
akazi wrote:Do you want someone to model and texture this character or just rig it from an existing model?
Well, like I said, all I want is a rabbit with a custom fur pattern (similar to my profile pic), and wearing something similar to this:

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/ima ... 713_2_.png

If that can be done from an existing model I am all for it. :|

oldkid1940

Post by oldkid1940 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 pm

I accidentally sent my reply as a pm at first, sorry. Also, the reply seems somewhat sarcastic, but it isn't I swear! :lol: I am fine with whatever as long as the character looks the way I'd like him too!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:37 pm

That looks totally cool.

oldkid1940

Post by oldkid1940 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Basically what I was trying to do was make a rabbit with dark brown fur and white at the tops of his ears, under his nose and on his chin, on his hands from the wrists down, and on his right foot, as well as white spots on his chest and back. As for clothes I wanted him to wear armored vest with tan leather, a black garment underneath it, and just regular pants like seen on most of the rabbits in-game. Sounds like a lot more work when I go into detail... :|

deldero

Post by deldero » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:14 pm

there is already a letter armor in the game, check it out:
flak vest.png
ilustration.png
file location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Overgrowth\Data\Objects\characters\rabbit_flak_vest

oldkid1940

Post by oldkid1940 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:34 pm

deldero wrote:there is already a letter armor in the game, check it out:
flak vest.png
ilustration.png
file location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Overgrowth\Data\Objects\characters\rabbit_flak_vest
Would I be able to save the character with the armor, or would I have to equip it every time? For the most part I like the way Turner looks (the fur pattern is pretty close to what I want), just not what he's wearing.

I checked out the vest in-game, however the texture file for it is missing.

deldero

Re: Custom Character Flunkee (Anyone Willing to Commission?)

Post by deldero » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm

you dont need to equip it everytime, i make armored characthers all the time, like the samurai rabbit and such, you can save him as a completely diferent characther so he doenst overwritte anything, this is how:

1. after you attached the armor the way you want to the characther,click on his spawn box(you have to be on the editor mode to do these things).

2. after his spawn box is selected, click "save item" on the editr mode, it is below the "load item" option.

3. now that you clicked on that it will show you a place to save the item, now you will name the characther file, and save it in a place you will remember.

VERY IMPORTANT: if you wanted to use a cat as a characther, dont spawn turner(the main rabbit) and prees 3 to selelct a cat(or wathever the key is), you will have to spawn the cat characther itself, as an actor, and costumize it, then save it as a diferent characther. this applies to every other race as well, you dont need to do this for the characthers that are already on the ingame characther box, i will explain how to spawn the actors/caracthrers more ahead.

the actors of the races are located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Overgrowth\Data\Objects\characters

SPAWN THE ACTORS, not the others

only attached objects will be saved and loaded with the characters, not items(but i am not 100% sure).

another thing you might have use later on, is that if you save the characther with his stats changed, he will have those stats saved, including his team and so on.

now to open the characther in other levels

first load the level,go into editor mode, then prees "load item" in the "load item" screen there will be a folder icon, it is located to the left of the search bar.

after that it will open a window where you will be able to load characthers, armors,actors , and wathever else you saved as an item/object(alone or grouped).

open the characther file you saved, and then click anywhere on the map for him to spawn, and there he is.

i wanst to much specific in this post because i am very tired, but if you have any questions, ask away, i will check this post later.

hope this helped.

good night :p

oldkid1940

Post by oldkid1940 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Thank you for your help deldero.

I've been messing around and I like the way Turners fur is, specifically the white. However I can't change his fur to the shade of brown I want without losing the white.

http://imgur.com/GtR5TCH

This picture is an example I made for comparison. The left is an arena rabbit, the brown on its fur is the color I'm trying to get. Turner is on the right, to compare the white markings. The change I would make would be to make both of Turners hands white, and reduce the white on his face to a few patches under his nose and on his chin (like on my prof pic), and make the white on his chest more prominent, leaving the tips of his ears the same (white tipped). The in game vest deldero showed me would be great if it was textured, however that would still leave the ropes and the pants. :|

deldero

Post by deldero » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:01 am

timbles is workin on the texture for the vest(i think), he said he was goin to use it(the vest) on his new map or somnthing, but he dint confirmed that he was workin on it, neither gave it a realese date(to the vest textured).

i am a noob for texturing, that is why i asked for somene else to do it on the MOD's request post,

i had tried to texture it before but it got very glowy, so...yeah.

about your characther texture... sorry man, but i dont know how to texture that specificly, most of the things i learned about overgrowh "costumization" (roughly speakin), i learned trying to fix the bright stuff on my maps(wich hasnt been fixed yet), and peaple's sugestions on files and messing here and there with them, i could say that haf of my gaming time on OG is with its files xD .

if you want to texture him that specificly, you might need to use blender, i dunno. i searched around the files, and the texture file is in a mathematical language or somnthing, wich i dont understand yet.

if you want to try to texture the vest however, you will need gimp, and makin a texture image, and then just glue it to the vest's model texture line(reouglhy speakin).

even tough i know how to do that, the end result is never the wanted one(with the exception of skyboxes), as the textures i place on clothing are usualy wierdly bright, or glowy, its very wierd.

so yeah, if you still want to know how to place the texture on the clothing regardles, then i can tell you what i know, but will not end as you want.

I think that from this point on, somene with more expirience in this area would be better help then me.

altough i can still link you to a discussion i had wth endoperez, as he taught me how to use blender, to make a straw hat, and texture it.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37980

it might have somnthing usefull there, but not likely.

best of fortune

oldkid1940

Post by oldkid1940 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks again! However I too know nothing! XD So I'll just keep going, I'm hoping to find someone who can do it for me as my personal efforts bore no fruit!

akazi

Re: Mod Request: Custom Char

Post by akazi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Here is that normal map texture. For yourt character to have different colors, you need to edit the color map and make a new weightmap texture. Weightmap is used for the color palette.
Attachments
flak_vest.zip
place in Data\Textures\characters\Rabbit\tops
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

oldkid1940

Post by oldkid1940 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:46 pm

akazi wrote:Here is that normal map texture. For yourt character to have different colors, you need to edit the color map and make a new weightmap texture. Weightmap is used for the color palette.
How would I edit the color map and make a new weightmap texture?

deldero

Post by deldero » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:55 pm

akazi wrote:Here is that normal map texture. For yourt character to have different colors, you need to edit the color map and make a new weightmap texture. Weightmap is used for the color palette.
thanks for the normal map man, now the squares are gone :p , even tough i will seach for a white one, so i can change the color more precisily,

have bill murray say what you deserve to hear.
you are awesome ghost.jpg
you are awesome ghost.jpg (31.72 KiB) Viewed 2484 times