[Work In Progress] Originally a request , Bow And Arrow Mod

RagdollZombie

Re: [Request] Bow And Arrow

Post by RagdollZombie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:22 am

Gyrth wrote:Ohyeah. I forgot about that. The loading via the file explorer doesn't work. The arrows are SavedObjects, and they do work for some reason. But anyhoooo, add these lines:

Code: Select all

addItem('Interactive Objects','Bow','Data/Custom/gyrth/bow_and_arrow/Items/Bow.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','Quiver','Data/Custom/gyrth/bow_and_arrow/Items/Quiver.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
to Data/UI/spawner/objects/interactiveobjects.js and add them to the scene using the spawner. This is a workaround.
oh yeah I forgot about that :3 thanks!

Ballistic180

Re: [Work In Progress] Originally a request , Bow And Arrow

Post by Ballistic180 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:49 pm

i did everything yet i'm still getting an error popup "Could not find file Data/Custom/gyrth/bow_and_arrow/Items/Bow.xml. theres gotta be something im doin wrong here... any ideas?

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Ballistic180 wrote:i did everything yet i'm still getting an error popup "Could not find file Data/Custom/gyrth/bow_and_arrow/Items/Bow.xml. theres gotta be something im doin wrong here... any ideas?
I updated the mod to the new Mod system. The directories are now:

Data/Items/Bow.xml
Data/Items/Quiver.xml
Data/Items/FlashBangArrow_prefab.xml  
Data/Items/ImpactExplosionArrow_prefab.xml  
Data/Items/PoisonArrow_prefab.xml  
Data/Items/PoisonCloudArrow_prefab.xml  
Data/Items/SmokeArrow_prefab.xml  
Data/Items/TimedExplosionArrow_prefab.xml  

Ballistic180

Post by Ballistic180 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:37 pm

i can get arrows but thats it. it wont allow me to get the quiver or bow out. it just errors and boots me off the game.. :(

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Ballistic180 wrote:i can get arrows but thats it. it wont allow me to get the quiver or bow out. it just errors and boots me off the game.. :(
Add these to the end of Data/UI/spawner/objects/interactiveobjects.js:

addItem('Interactive Objects','Bow','Data/Items/Bow.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','Quiver','Data/Items/Quiver.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','FlashBangArrow','Data/Items/FlashBangArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','ImpactExplosionArrow','Data/Items/ImpactExplosionArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','PoisonArrow','Data/Items/PoisonArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','PoisonCloudArrow','Data/Items/PoisonCloudArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','SmokeArrow','Data/Items/SmokeArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','TimedExplosionArrow','Data/Items/TimedExplosionArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
Now you can use the spawner.

Ballistic180

Post by Ballistic180 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Thank you very much, sir. Your mod is amazing by the way. :mrgreen:

Ballistic180

Post by Ballistic180 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:09 am

Gyrth wrote:
Ballistic180 wrote:i can get arrows but thats it. it wont allow me to get the quiver or bow out. it just errors and boots me off the game.. :(
Add these to the end of Data/UI/spawner/objects/interactiveobjects.js:

addItem('Interactive Objects','Bow','Data/Items/Bow.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','Quiver','Data/Items/Quiver.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','FlashBangArrow','Data/Items/FlashBangArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','ImpactExplosionArrow','Data/Items/ImpactExplosionArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','PoisonArrow','Data/Items/PoisonArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','PoisonCloudArrow','Data/Items/PoisonCloudArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','SmokeArrow','Data/Items/SmokeArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
addItem('Interactive Objects','TimedExplosionArrow','Data/Items/TimedExplosionArrow_prefab.xml','Dog Tool Hammer.png');
Now you can use the spawner.
One more thing, has anyone had the problem where in midflight the arrows flip around so the tail end of the arrow sticks into the enemy? as comical as it is i'm just curious if theres a way to fix this? I appreciate your replies.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:17 pm

when I try to put the bow in the left hand either by pressing 'b' or assigning it the game crashes. I'm using the steam advanced testing branch and I think its on A215, any ideas on how to fix?

Edit: it only crashes when you try to put or switch the bow to the left hand, the arrows still work and switch with no crash.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:53 pm

samjb1992 wrote:when I try to put the bow in the left hand either by pressing 'b' or assigning it the game crashes. I'm using the steam advanced testing branch and I think its on A215, any ideas on how to fix?

Edit: it only crashes when you try to put or switch the bow to the left hand, the arrows still work and switch with no crash.
The problem was with the function QuaternionFromMat4. Autious fixed it. Try the internal_testing branch on steam.
I added the spawner icons to the mod files. So no need to manually add them. Just look in the Interactive Objects tab in the spawner.
The explosion decals are red for some reason. That's also something I can't fix. Dev(s) are working on the decal system, so it might be temporary.
The rotation of the arrow mid-flight is pretty weird. I have no idea what changed.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Gyrth wrote: The problem was with the function QuaternionFromMat4. Autious fixed it. Try the internal_testing branch on steam.
I added the spawner icons to the mod files. So no need to manually add them. Just look in the Interactive Objects tab in the spawner.
The explosion decals are red for some reason. That's also something I can't fix. Dev(s) are working on the decal system, so it might be temporary.
The rotation of the arrow mid-flight is pretty weird. I have no idea what changed.
thanks for the response it works now :)

Gadunka

Post by Gadunka » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 pm

I can't seem to add the quiver and bow and stuff in my game

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 am

Gadunka wrote:I can't seem to add the quiver and bow and stuff in my game
I need a little more info to be able to help you. What steps are you doing? Are you getting any error messages?

Kage-Poteto

Post by Kage-Poteto » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Somehow when I try and load the bow or quiver, it loads a fail whale, and when I continue it says:

No convex hull found for Data/Models/default/default_Model_2.obj

I'm on alpha 216. Is that the problem? :O

OrderlyRabbit

Post by OrderlyRabbit » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Is this not compatible with the newer versions? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OrderlyRabbit

Post by OrderlyRabbit » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:14 pm

Gadunka wrote:I can't seem to add the quiver and bow and stuff in my game
Im getting the same issue i put it in the mod folder but it will not appear in my game editor at all