[Help] Weird...

EgyptFalcon

[Help] Weird...

Post by EgyptFalcon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:29 pm

When I reloaded a map I had been working on into Overgrowth and find some objects have been deleted. Thinking it was a fluke and I had accidentally deleted them myself I put them back. However, when I reloaded the map again to continue, more objects had been deleted. I gave up for a while, hoping that something was wrong with Alpha 213 and I waited until Alpha 215. When I reloaded the map again, some objects had been deleted and some had come back but where in a very strange predicament. Rectangular objects weren't rectangular, and somehow deformed themselves when rotated in space. I took a screenshot of the weird objects.

I have no idea where this is a bug in Overgrowth, something special about the map, or some file I've messed up. I would very much like some clue as to how to fix this problem.ImageImage

akazi

Re: [Help] Weird...

Post by akazi » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:27 pm

there was a really bad bug with objects disappearing when you rotated and duplicated them a specific way. I know how you feel, I've been have to deal with this problem for a while with the arenas. "the problem was the editor can mess up quaternions due to float drift or such. When loading level data from xml some quaternions ended up having imaginary unit as last component." This is what I was told by Turol.
it's been fixed now, and the objects that disappeared (really they were scaled to such a small size you couldn't see them) are spawned back in the level having warped up shapes. just delete these. sorry about the inconvenience of this bug, but it should now be fixed. you might have to redo some of the level again (i had to do this for a few levels of mine and sucks. :cry: