[MOD]Assassins Creed hidden blade+

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

[MOD]Assassins Creed hidden blade+

Post by halzoid » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:22 pm

2 weapons are in this pack... hastily made, fairly low quality weapons, let's get that out of the way first.

Either way, there's two options:
you can complain that this mod doesn't look very professional and wait for another mod, which after Overgrowth being in development for this long and no mod like it ever coming out (even with hundreds of requests), I very much doubt that someone's working on one now.
OR! You can download this, have a little fun with it for 5-20 minutes, spending your time stabbing people and muttering "Requiescat in pacé" after every kill.
(even though the blade's based more around Altaïr's design)

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gv8g0upecdy2 ... s.zip?dl=0

The Kukri acts like a knife, making short swiping moves when at a distance, but as the blade is too long to raise at close distance, instead you to punch with your empty hand to knock the enemy back to a reasonable distance. The blade is sturdy enough to be used to block incoming weapon attacks, unlike knives.
OvergrowthScreenshot00039.jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00040.jpg
The Hidden Blade is a short range blade that requires you to act quick to defeat the enemy, It does allow you to block incoming attacks, but deals low damage (I would not recommend sheathing...)
OvergrowthScreenshot00037.jpg
OvergrowthScreenshot00041.jpg
I'd love to make this mod better, but there's soooooooo many issues...
[+] Issssuuuuuuuuueeeeeesssss
I can't export my custom animations, either Blender or Overgrowth is being a bitch and I'm not sure which one (or I'm just dumb, which is probably most likely)

I don't think Overgrowth allows weapons to have morphs (retract and extending of the blade)

There's no IK attachment for the forearm (rightarm Ik attachment is actually the hand), meaning whenever the hand twists, the blade follows it, sword swishing animations don't help this...

I got a model of Connor from AC 3, but I wouldn't upload it without physics on his coat tail ('cause I hate static cloth on models), and also, OG seems to have an issue with every character I import and refuses to load the actor (Models are fine though)
(side note... editing skeletons and Weight mapping is a bitch)

It would be fun to import models straight from the games, but I only own Unity on Pc (and the files are pretty damn locked down)([EDIT] wow, this post was a while ago... I now also have AC II, Brotherhood and III), the rest are on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I know I can download them online, but then I'd have to give credit to everyone who had the models and... effort...

I'm clearly not the best at modelling (though I only spent 6 minutes on each model, rest of the time was spent writing the scripts and normal mapping)

I don't have all that much time, A lot of my time is spent working on College assignments and when I'm done with that, I'd prefer to play games, rather than alter them (because of how frustrating it is when the altering doesn't work)
Last edited by halzoid on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

rodeje25

Re: [MOD]Assassins Creed hidden blade+

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:15 pm

I'm downloading this for some quick thursday evening optimization.
Meaning thursday evening a version which will be a little better will come out under halzoid's name if he's happy with it

PeanutKid9

Post by PeanutKid9 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Nice! What would be cool is if instead of slashing when main attacking you would do an attack similar to AC where you stab them and keep moving. I see you're having troubles with blender and overgrowth, but maybe I could help with that a bit? Message me if you want to talk a bit more

Inventor

Post by Inventor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Nice!

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:11 am

neat quick weapons. for your character coat tail, you could use the tail bones of the OG rig to give it some physics.