[Request] Weapons Creation tutorial

benbrady12

[Request] Weapons Creation tutorial

Post by benbrady12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi I'd like to create a video tutorial on how to create custom weapons by exporting .obj from Blender and adding them to the game with textures. The last video appears to be two years old and does not appear to work with the latest version of overgrowth. If possible I'd like to create a general thread for creating custom weapons using stock animations as well as adding new ones.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: [Request] Weapons Creation tutorial

Post by halzoid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Are you asking if you can make a video on how to create custom weapons?

If that's the case, no-one's stopping you, go ahead; it's useful information for people who are looking to be modders for OG

I'm currently in the works of creating an all-around coverage of modding tutorial that will cover this to a basic degree, but the more tutorials, the easier it'll be for new creators to make their own weapons!

benbrady12

Post by benbrady12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:43 pm

No I am trying to find out how to do it in order to make a video.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:39 pm

ah, gotcha'

if you're referring to Markuss' Object tutorial, it's a bit complicated but the methods haven't changed on getting items in-game

I don't really have that much time to explain, best advice I can give is to look through existing files (probably SUMLauncher-installed custom files as they're laid out easily) to see how the files are laid out, it's easiest to create weapons by just re-writing the code from a copy of an existing weapon to make the filepaths lead to where they need to go