New Level - Cloud Spires

Xephelium

New Level - Cloud Spires

Post by Xephelium » Tue May 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello, first post

I've created a new level for single player / coop. It's set on some rock spires sticking up out of the clouds. Here's some pictures:

Scary platforming!

To play it in coop, hit Escape to go into level editor mode. Double click the box containing your buddy rabbit, and press Ctrl-Shift-P to make him playable. Press 8 and then L to restart the level.

Unfortunately, the AI really likes to run off cliffs to their death, so it's pretty easy to cheese the fights that way. I have them respawn a couple times so you should at least get a bit of challenge even if they do that.

Hint: to start the final battle, finish whatever combat you're in and stand on the platform in the water.

Bugs and Workarounds: If your camera gets stuck in the sky after you fall off the tower, try stepping into some water. If the ambient sounds cut out after a while, restart Overgrowth. If an enemy gets stuck inside a rock, zap them with F.

I might make a PvP version later if I can figure out how to script it to rotate through several scenarios.
Attachments
CloudSpires.zip
(82.75 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

samjb1992

Re: New Level - Cloud Spires

Post by samjb1992 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:15 pm

custom maps are usually posted in the modding sub forum

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri May 05, 2017 4:54 am

I moved it to the modding subforum.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri May 05, 2017 6:46 am

I haven't had the chance to finish this map yet, but I have had a run around on it, the detail is really cool and overall from what I've seen, it's a really good map with a lot of well-placed detail.
Due to not finishing it, I don't know if there's a full story, but from what I can see there's quite a few dialogues around the level.

(One thing to add, is there a safe way off the spire? When I spawn I just jump off, but take a bit of fall damage)

Xephelium

Post by Xephelium » Sat May 06, 2017 12:51 pm

I moved it to the modding subforum.
Thanks for moving the post.
Due to not finishing it, I don't know if there's a full story, but from what I can see there's quite a few dialogues around the level.
There's not really a story. Just a bit of dialogue to set up some interesting battles.
(One thing to add, is there a safe way off the spire? When I spawn I just jump off, but take a bit of fall damage)
You have a couple knockout shields, so falling off the tower won't kill you unless you got really hurt fighting the dog. If you land on the stairs or fall through the trees you might take less damage.
the detail is really cool and overall from what I've seen, it's a really good map with a lot of well-placed detail.
I'm glad you like the environment. I spent a lot of time making it look good. :D

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon May 08, 2017 6:22 pm

Want to put this up on the steam workshop?

Check out Data/ExampleMods/example_level_pack to figure out how.

Once you get it showing up in the "Custom Levels" menu, you can use the main menu -> top bar -> windows -> mods -> advanced menu to upload it to Steam.

If you need access to the workshop - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=40763

Xephelium

Post by Xephelium » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Vastly improved version now on Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1211948206

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Neat :) Subscribed, and will check it out soon!