Community Content Pack 2.0 Guidelines

Johannes

Re: Community Content Pack 2.0 Guidelines

Post by Johannes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:44 pm

matto1990 wrote: I was actually saying the exact opposite about the quotes. I think they should be kept in. There's no point making it invalid json just so it's slightly easier to read. I've built a program that uses the json files and it wont work if the quotes are removed. If we can keep them in it would be greatly appreciated :)
Works for me, less work, and more compatibility. everyone wins :lol: thanks again :)

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:00 pm

No problem. By the way. I might be able to turn your concept for the concept browser into an application that we can use untill it has it built in. I've made the database that stores the data and I'm starting on an Adobe Air application which will hopefully allow you to download and install mods without having to go to the forum and sift through the threads to find the content you like.

Give me a few weeks to make it though ;)

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:06 pm

matto1990 wrote:No problem. By the way. I might be able to turn your concept for the concept browser into an application that we can use untill it has it built in. I've made the database that stores the data and I'm starting on an Adobe Air application which will hopefully allow you to download and install mods without having to go to the forum and sift through the threads to find the content you like.

Aw man, that would be crazy. I can give you the photoshop file for my mockup, all the elements are already pretty much split appart to allow for easy loading in an application's interface, though I think i'll re-design some of it take into account some of the specific things Phillip pointed out in his recent blog post concerning the object browser.

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:34 am

jo-shadow wrote:
matto1990 wrote:No problem. By the way. I might be able to turn your concept for the concept browser into an application that we can use untill it has it built in. I've made the database that stores the data and I'm starting on an Adobe Air application which will hopefully allow you to download and install mods without having to go to the forum and sift through the threads to find the content you like.

Aw man, that would be crazy. I can give you the photoshop file for my mockup, all the elements are already pretty much split appart to allow for easy loading in an application's interface, though I think i'll re-design some of it take into account some of the specific things Phillip pointed out in his recent blog post concerning the object browser.
I've made a basic version of it already. It works, but it ain't pretty :P

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4872

Azminday

Post by Azminday » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:15 pm

When i download it WinRAR yells at me and says
C:\Users\ME!!!!\Desktop\Custom.zip: Unexpected end of archive

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Azminday wrote:When i download it WinRAR yells at me and says
I fully recommend getting 7-Zip. WinRar is horrible.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Azminday

Post by Azminday » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 pm

TheBigCheese wrote:
Azminday wrote:When i download it WinRAR yells at me and says
I fully recommend getting 7-Zip. WinRar is horrible.

http://www.7-zip.org/
Wow, I've been using winrar for years... and 7-Zip is better... :( thank you.

Sajber

Post by Sajber » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Someone should sticky this.

I also wonder if the devs will include this pack in the final release?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:07 am

Sajber wrote:I also wonder if the devs will include this pack in the final release?
What IS in this pack to include? It's more or less "use this format, please", and the first post mentions it will be replaced by mod server at some point. So... I guess these files will be in the mod server.

Also, for anyone interested in how Jo-shadow is doing, he has a blog... He's fine, but doing other stuff.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:17 am

There hasn't been much of a move yet on part of the devs to implement the system I originally suggested ( a decision which I absolutely condone since they have much more pressing things they have to implement at the moment :) ), which combined with the fact that the editor is still way to buggy for most people to be willing to use for any serious modding at the moment, myself included, basically means that I haven't put much more work into the up-keep of this pack recently.

Once the editor is solid enough to really start making content I will be more than happy to continue working on this.

Also thanks Endoperez, the largest thing really currently is college that's keeping me from doing more stuff on the forums, and as previously mentioned, I'm basically holding off a bit until the editor for mac gets to the point where I can do everything I want to, without crashes or slowdowns, which has yet to happen.

Sajber

Post by Sajber » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Sorry for bump, but I still firmly believe this thread should be sticky.

Radu

Post by Radu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 am

I like the idea of Overgrowth being a game where you can import anything and make it work, making it very replayable.

Frostyfrog

Post by Frostyfrog » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Sajber wrote:Sorry for bump, but I still firmly believe this thread should be sticky.
I could smack you for bumping, but I kinda agree with you...
There are many great posts in the SPF and I propose that we move all of these excellent posts into some sort of sub forum called "Useful info" or something.

Also, hopefully people could set up their own local/private mod servers and such, and of course, there would be a public one hosted by Wolfire.