Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
RedDeadDorito

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

Post by RedDeadDorito » Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 am

I'll, uh, continue this mod :D. I am familiar with Unity and have just stumbled upon this project. I just started to play Receiver again as well and I really like the realism of the weapons. I see much potential in not only this mod, but the whole game itself. I'm currently downloading the source code to see exactly what I'm working with.

I can see this game being an awesome realistic FPS of some sort. I imagine a full-scale modification, which would include: full-body models, an arsenal of new weapons, redone textures, better gun textures, a netcode for multiplayer matches, improved weapon aiming, improved ballistics (assuming this isn't already done), a full story of some sort, more streamlined controls to make it more friendly to play as an Action/Adventure FPS (Of course I would still try to keep gun mechanics as realistic/true to vanilla as possible, that's part of why it's so darn fun!), better optimization, multi-platform support, blood and gore (because we all know we love a bit of violence), improved physics, and much else. This is just a start.

I'll work on setting up any weapons that are not finished yet and keep you guys posted. Let me know what you guys think. Not even sure if that many people even play this, but I suppose this could be a fun side project given my experience with Unity.

RDD out.

lolbucket

Post by lolbucket » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:26 pm

:!: I downloaded this mod but I need some help it is only going to update 5 with the TT-33 but I would like to know how to get update 9 :!:

cujemi55

Post by cujemi55 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:57 pm

hey I know this was discontinued, but Ive been having trouble getting this to work. I was hoping you could give me the specific files to put these updates into?

Volpe77

Post by Volpe77 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:08 pm

RedDeadDorito wrote:I'll, uh, continue this mod :D. I am familiar with Unity and have just stumbled upon this project. I just started to play Receiver again as well and I really like the realism of the weapons. I see much potential in not only this mod, but the whole game itself. I'm currently downloading the source code to see exactly what I'm working with.

I can see this game being an awesome realistic FPS of some sort. I imagine a full-scale modification, which would include: full-body models, an arsenal of new weapons, redone textures, better gun textures, a netcode for multiplayer matches, improved weapon aiming, improved ballistics (assuming this isn't already done), a full story of some sort, more streamlined controls to make it more friendly to play as an Action/Adventure FPS (Of course I would still try to keep gun mechanics as realistic/true to vanilla as possible, that's part of why it's so darn fun!), better optimization, multi-platform support, blood and gore (because we all know we love a bit of violence), improved physics, and much else. This is just a start.

I'll work on setting up any weapons that are not finished yet and keep you guys posted. Let me know what you guys think. Not even sure if that many people even play this, but I suppose this could be a fun side project given my experience with Unity.

RDD out.

I've been following this mod since the first few updates and it was a real disappointment when the creator decided to discontinue the project, although i perfectly respected his decision. I'm hoping you will find the time and motivation to continue where he left off, honestly just having more weapons would be great. I'm glad you seem so enthusiastic to do this, i'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the few people who still play this fantastic game :D. Thank you for keeping the dream real!

Remiv

Post by Remiv » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:48 pm

RedDeadDorito wrote:I'll, uh, continue this mod :D. I am familiar with Unity and have just stumbled upon this project. I just started to play Receiver again as well and I really like the realism of the weapons. I see much potential in not only this mod, but the whole game itself. I'm currently downloading the source code to see exactly what I'm working with.

RDD out.
Hey man, made any progress with the mod? Ive been using the M712 and its incomplete nature has been bugging me, it is lackingt full auto mode and the barrel isnt milled.

TacticalGayBoi

Post by TacticalGayBoi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 pm

So I can't quite figure out how to install this mod, if you could clear it up that would be great

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 am

TacticalGayBoi: check at the bottom of the first post for installation instructions. If you're having some specific issue when following the instructions, hopefully I can help figure it out.

someonethatdied

Post by someonethatdied » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Ay dude that is re-continuing the mod, I have a few weapon suggestion for you.

-FN P90 PDW
-SCAR L
-Kriss Vector
-Some snipers

i will love you

Peripheral

Post by Peripheral » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 pm

I was starting to pick up where this mod left off and was wondering if I should have updated Reciver to Unity 2017. I'm not sure if that would make my continuation of the mod not work for owners of the game. Should I stop working and restart in Unity 4?

someonethatdied

Post by someonethatdied » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Someone is already revamping it on the newer Unity, I think you should just continue the mod with the original engine

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 pm

This mod has gotten a total 40,773 downloads (all of the updates) as of this post! Awesome. I wish I didn't delete those YouTube videos, it's kind of nostalgic looking back on this.

Volpe77

Post by Volpe77 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:07 am

It should have gotten more! Your mods made the game much much bigger than it initially was, the developers should have thanked you for your work at least! It's not far-fetched to say these mods sold copies of the game in and of themselves, if not for you the game would have close to no replayability whatsoever. Just a shame no one picked up the project after you discontinued it. It's even worse that the devs never gave a damn about this game just because it was for that "7-day FPS" contest thing.

They should have realized how much potential this game had after seeing what a passionate community it has. They should have realized how good this game really is when you have people like you making such great mods for it just because we want more and *we* the community understand how much potential the game has. Really disheartening.

LuLfy

Post by LuLfy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 am

i want mooore guns, oh

MilwaukeeJon

Post by MilwaukeeJon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:59 pm

BIG THANKS... I probably should check out forums of my favourite games more often. Was just reminiscing about a possible sequel to Receiver (If the dev wants some free money thrown his way at least). And here is a free mod which adds basically a whole new side to going about the world of receiver. Now if we could get a better maze generator (not just forward or backward but also adding crossings on your way forward so that you have the chance to backtrack and turn in another maze to the side of the main corridors).

Great Mod, dude. :wink:

Justinisty

Post by Justinisty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm

I am having trouble getting the mod to work. I downloaded and installed the base file first as instructed then added the new update afterwards. When I launch the game it just crashes after I set the resolution and graphics. It does create a log file due to the crash if you are interested in it. If so let me know. My guess is it does not work well with the new update the devs released