Reciver extension

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
xXcy80rgXx

Reciver extension

Post by xXcy80rgXx » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:25 am

Good mornig...
I have an idea about reciever... It would be awesome if you could extend the game a bit, for example:
-more weapons (rifle)
-more locations
-coop (if possible)
-other enemys

I don't know anything about programming but if you could do this, that would be great :D
Sorry for my english ;)
Greeting from Germany =D

MirrorIrorriM

Re: Reciver extension

Post by MirrorIrorriM » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Since the base system is complete, I can imagine adding more locations would be very easy (doesn't even require hardly any programming, Unity has a built in object modifier). Coop would require the game to support networking, which is a rather huge change and would require a lot of work to get down. Other enemies would be good, but the problem with that is not so much programming as is coming up with ideas for them. Finally, I am fairly certain the current engine they have doesn't support additional weapons, they would have to rewrite a lot of their inventory code to support it.

Le0

Post by Le0 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Tbh, before any of that i would like to be able to properly bind my mouse buttons.
I mean, it's a nobrainer to have slide lock on the side button and hammer on mouse wheel.
Can't do it right now and no luck finding the config file.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 pm

and I still think that they won't get around to doing too much for receiver just because they're working on overgrowth.

Da-Fort

Post by Da-Fort » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 am

I do not wish to impose.
And I can understand that they are currently busy working on Overgrowth.

But a small patch for Receiver to fix a part of a building that cannot be walked on. I am not a programmer so I am not sure what the correct term is. Maybe it has no collision mesh and I keep falling through it? Sometimes I spawn on it and the only thing I can do is die.

Do not get me wrong. I love the game, I can understand that they do not want to pull resources to finish the game. But a little bit of attention is all I am asking.

MattMellander

Post by MattMellander » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:13 am

Da-Fort wrote:I do not wish to impose.
And I can understand that they are currently busy working on Overgrowth.

But a small patch for Receiver to fix a part of a building that cannot be walked on. I am not a programmer so I am not sure what the correct term is. Maybe it has no collision mesh and I keep falling through it? Sometimes I spawn on it and the only thing I can do is die.

Do not get me wrong. I love the game, I can understand that they do not want to pull resources to finish the game. But a little bit of attention is all I am asking.
Download RC4, it fixes it.

MirrorIrorriM

Post by MirrorIrorriM » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Da-Fort wrote:I am not a programmer so I am not sure what the correct term is. Maybe it has no collision mesh and I keep falling through it? Sometimes I spawn on it and the only thing I can do is die.
Actually, that is the correct term. :lol: Another correct term would be to say it has no collider.

Piorn

Post by Piorn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 am

What if you add the possibility that the gun accidentally fires when you sprint without the safety on? Would be a nice touch.

Also I'd like to see a tough, slow walking enemy, some kind of robot zombie thing, that forces you to aim at vital parts and reload while retreating.