Receiver for mac won't start

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
F0nki

Receiver for mac won't start

Post by F0nki » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Hello.

I've just bought Receiver for Mac but it won't start. It doesn't even appear on the dock or show any kind of message. I just double click on it but nothing happens.

I have a Macbook pro C2D 2.53 Ghz 4 Gb RAM and nVidia Geforce 9400M

Any ideas to get it to work?

Thanks!

F0nki

Re: Receiver for mac won't start

Post by F0nki » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:04 am

up. Just downloaded the new version available and still nothing.

mariusmora

Post by mariusmora » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:21 am

I have the same problem here. Try to open it and nothing happens. I'm running on leopard, if that helps. I have the same problem with some java apps, but i can open them by navigating to the .jar file. But i have no idea on have to make receiver work :(

Any advice?

NoSkillz

Post by NoSkillz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:42 am

I'm having the very same issue here. Its been happening to several of the programs I download. I'm on Snow Leopard, and I think the issue may be because programs are now being made for Lion?
On some Java run applications, such as the SUM Launcher, I can solve the problem by opening the Jar file. I found my old .zip file for receiver and the old version continues to work for me.

mariusmora

Post by mariusmora » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Hey! I have found something that works for me. I was having this problem with some unity driven games, like receiver and Qasir-al Wasat (or something haha). Searching the web, i found that one user had this problem and thought it was a bug from the software he used to uncompress the zip file (it was betterzip). I'm using Keka, and maybe you are using other software.

Using the default compression utility of the mac solved the problem for me :) I can now play those two games, that, surprisingly, had exactly the same layout for the configuration before starting the game. So give it a go!!!

NoSkillz

Post by NoSkillz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 pm

mariusmora wrote: Using the default compression utility of the mac solved the problem for me :) I can now play those two games, that, surprisingly, had exactly the same layout for the configuration before starting the game. So give it a go!!!
Wow! Worked like a charm! Thanks so much!