Receiver Melee item concept (image)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Kaptain

Receiver Melee item concept (image)

Post by Kaptain » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 pm

So I had the chance to play Receiver on my buddy's computer for a few hours and I like it so far, but definitely not easy. Being as careful and tactful as I could, but still got insta killed by a flying tazer that was too quick for me. So a quick idea I felt like doodling was a stun baton type weapon that used battery pack ammo for disabling a robot, or if there isn't any ammo, a club to buy you some distance.

The ammo could be scarce as the idea is that with a cartridge, you could one-shot-kill a robot. You could either start with the baton and without the gun or vice-verse.

The game has a really interesting mechanic to it that I would love to see applied to more items.

MrOtton

Re: Receiver Melee item concept (image)

Post by MrOtton » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 am

looks like a nice concept. I'd love to see that ingame :D

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
A suggestion
that's not retarded?

Mind fuckin' blown.

Awesome idea. This would be a cool addition, for sure, and an appreciated one at that. Those flying tasers are a pain in the arse.
I'm still a little scared that Aubrey had made two more enemies in which one was a ground turret with wheels and the second was an air turret with a gun.
You know what? I'm really glad they didn't spend longer than 9 days on it, Because then I'd never have found more than two tapes in one go.

Xair

Post by Xair » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Thats awesome! and i like the picture too :)

Sushin

Post by Sushin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:50 am

I have to disagree. The whole core concept of the game is the advanced gun mechanics and how the realism of handling a real life gun can be fun in a game. Having a made up weapon introduced exclusively for close combat undermines the entire point of the game.

Azarus029

Post by Azarus029 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:20 pm

You know, i'd be fine with the made-up melee weapons. But if that's not an option, I think something like a real life taser would work. It's fairly short-ranged, and uses cartridges.

A good example would be the X-26:
(While unecessary, the laser sight would be a nice addition 8))

bgr

Post by bgr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 pm

How about a water squirt gun? Make drone wet, then tease it to buzz you and it electrocutes itself.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:34 pm

bgr wrote:How about a water squirt gun? Make drone wet, then tease it to buzz you and it electrocutes itself.
Along with you?

Bishop

Post by Bishop » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 am

I'd really like something as simple as a penknife just to cut the wires on sentries that I've shot the camera out on. Seeing one spinning around still is just too unsettling.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 am

Azarus029 wrote:You know, i'd be fine with the made-up melee weapons. But if that's not an option, I think something like a real life taser would work. It's fairly short-ranged, and uses cartridges.

A good example would be the X-26:
(While unecessary, the laser sight would be a nice addition 8))
Umm. There's one problem with the idea of a taser in the game. How would a taser work on a robot?
I do think it is a cool concept though.

skully172

Post by skully172 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm

this idea is awesome... but i think that the stick should look like something homemade (the model).. and you will have some chance to spawn whit it.. (like aways)