Receiver Russian Roulette

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Shadowfury333

Re: Receiver Russian Roulette

Post by Shadowfury333 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Anton wrote:It's actually not a bug... The bullets have ricochet physics, and so you probably aren't shooting yourself in the foot, but instead the bullet is bouncing back up at you.
In the case people are using for Russian Roulette, this may be true. However, when it happened to me I was hanging over a ledge, so it would have ricocheted off of thin air.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes, there are ricochets. But it only happens at the right angle. A bullet striking a wall at a perpendicular angle won't ricochet, but if you fire it at an angle that is less square, it will.
So, firing it perpendicularly at the floor won't bounce the bullet up. We really are just shooting ourselves.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Korban3 wrote:Yes, there are ricochets. But it only happens at the right angle. A bullet striking a wall at a perpendicular angle won't ricochet, but if you fire it at an angle that is less square, it will.
So, firing it perpendicularly at the floor won't bounce the bullet up. We really are just shooting ourselves.
If that was the case, we'd be able to aim straight down and shoot ourselves, no? If you look down while running and shooting, you'll notice that a bullet hole shows up on the camera, and not on the floor, or below the character. While not aiming, the gun is not pointing straight at the ground, but at an angle, so it would ricochet back up. (That's why you have to be running to make the russian roulette work...)

Shadowfury333

Post by Shadowfury333 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Anton wrote:If that was the case, we'd be able to aim straight down and shoot ourselves, no? If you look down while running and shooting, you'll notice that a bullet hole shows up on the camera, and not on the floor, or below the character. While not aiming, the gun is not pointing straight at the ground, but at an angle, so it would ricochet back up. (That's why you have to be running to make the russian roulette work...)
No, you don't. The video I linked showed me doing it stationary, and I've shot myself by accident twice so far while looking over a ledge to knock out killdrones below me.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Shadowfury333 wrote:
Anton wrote:If that was the case, we'd be able to aim straight down and shoot ourselves, no? If you look down while running and shooting, you'll notice that a bullet hole shows up on the camera, and not on the floor, or below the character. While not aiming, the gun is not pointing straight at the ground, but at an angle, so it would ricochet back up. (That's why you have to be running to make the russian roulette work...)
No, you don't. The video I linked showed me doing it stationary, and I've shot myself by accident twice so far while looking over a ledge to knock out killdrones below me.
I agree your video is pretty good for that, but I just emptied 25 magazines worth of bullets into the ground and never once shot myself. Unless it's a Mac/PC thing, I can't shoot myself in the foot. (I can shoot myself running though).

Shadowfury333

Post by Shadowfury333 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Anton wrote:I agree your video is pretty good for that, but I just emptied 25 magazines worth of bullets into the ground and never once shot myself. Unless it's a Mac/PC thing, I can't shoot myself in the foot. (I can shoot myself running though).
Interesting observation, as I am running it on Windows 7. Once the Linux version is out I could test with that, though the issue may be fixed by then.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Shadowfury333 wrote:
Anton wrote:I agree your video is pretty good for that, but I just emptied 25 magazines worth of bullets into the ground and never once shot myself. Unless it's a Mac/PC thing, I can't shoot myself in the foot. (I can shoot myself running though).
Interesting observation, as I am running it on Windows 7. Once the Linux version is out I could test with that, though the issue may be fixed by then.
Actually, i just did the same, i had a glock with a full mag and i just tried it out to see if it will kill me.
Full auto, all the bullets, no death, and i am running Windows 7

On another note, i wish for a russian roulette feature...