Changing field of view

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
alasqa

Changing field of view

Post by alasqa » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 pm

I just purchased Receiver last night, and I have to say that I am loving the game, but I have one minor problem with it. I feel like the fov is too low and when I am walking around I have to look up most of the time to look for the sentry drones.

Am I the only one who has a problem with this? Hopefully this is something you can, and will implement in the future. :)

Edit: I should add that its the vertical fov that seems too narrow.

ivankio

Re: Changing field of view

Post by ivankio » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:35 pm

I too set the field of view option to "Quake Pro" when playing Minecraft. :mrgreen:

I feel the same difficulty about doorways, but I discovered that the current field of view is just enough to aim at flying drones from a safe distance when playing even with 1080p. Would it be wider, it would be much more difficult to aim for the weak spots, and that is also fatal. (btw, I liked the new pistol distance setting).

Some games solve this narrowing the field of view when aiming. But this could spoil the virtual reality which is Receiver's biggest plus. But what if ... the mouse sensitivity could be configured independently when aiming and not? I guess this is kinda analog.

When you are scouting, you are more agile. You use body, neck and eyes. When you are aiming, not only you are constrained by your body and arms, but your coordination overloads fine tuning your aim (unless you are "firing from the hip"). - Maybe not 2 separate sensitivity settings, maybe the LShift could multiply the sensitivity by 0.5. Or maybe the aim itself would do this multiplication. Or maybe that gimmicky change of field of view when aiming would be less weird.

:!: Anyway, the gameplay would gain a small additional element where the players (specially those who use weapon always on center and press Q at the start of the game) would have a better reason to lower the weapon more often. And we, scared owl-necked and fish-eyed guys, would be less scared.