Did... I shoot myself?

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Shadow207B2

Did... I shoot myself?

Post by Shadow207B2 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:56 am

So i was playing Receiver, and i found a Taserbot, it hadn't noticed me yet, so i am for the middle and fire.
It wasnt going down, so i fired again, this time i heard some noise, like i got shot or stabbed, there were no turrets at all, and the taser bot was a bit away...
This freaked me out, has anyone else experienced this?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Did... I shoot myself?

Post by Constance » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 am

if it was a "EUGH" then you accidently put in a cheat code.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Timbles wrote:if it was a "EUGH" then you accidently put in a cheat code.
Must have been...
A cheat code that kills yourself?

bgr

Post by bgr » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:04 pm

There are ricochets in the game, it's possible that you died from your own bullet, and that also makes the flesh sound you described.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:57 pm

bgr wrote:There are ricochets in the game, it's possible that you died from your own bullet, and that also makes the flesh sound you described.
Yeah, but from my knowledge of firearms, its almost impossible to make a bullet ricochet straight back at you, yet it might have ricocheted off the robot, on a wall and at me?

This is strange, but might be possible, yet i was not shooting the robot at an angle.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm

It happens.

But it doesn't happen to me! *condescending cackles*

Shadowfury333

Post by Shadowfury333 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:20 am

You shot yourself. There's been a bit of a Receiver Russian Roulette forum game as a result of this. You can find some of the videos on YouTube.

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 am

Shadowfury333 wrote:You shot yourself. There's been a bit of a Receiver Russian Roulette forum game as a result of this. You can find some of the videos on YouTube.
Yeah, but i was shooting straight away from me, not at the ground.

orlok

Post by orlok » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Shadow207B2 wrote:Yeah, but from my knowledge of firearms, its almost impossible to make a bullet ricochet straight back at you.
Hello there

Rare but not that rare!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc (no one is injured).

rgds

LoK

FlyingShisno

Post by FlyingShisno » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Shadow207B2 wrote:
Shadowfury333 wrote:You shot yourself. There's been a bit of a Receiver Russian Roulette forum game as a result of this. You can find some of the videos on YouTube.
Yeah, but i was shooting straight away from me, not at the ground.
This happened to me. I was about 2 feet away from the turret when I shot it, and it bounced back and hit me right in the center of my face. The reason I know the location is because I had god mode on, and I had a bullet hole in the center of my screen for the rest of the game.

That whole session was weird, actually. This drone detected me, and had made a wide turn in order to face me. It slammed itself into the wall and killed itself. :shock:

Anyway, I tried to screenshot the bullet hole, but when I pasted it into my image editor, it only showed my desktop. :(

CATCHMAN

Post by CATCHMAN » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Funny story, one time my friend was playing while I was watching, he eventually came up to a turret standing at the top of a flight of stairs.
He shot at it (any given number of shots) and the last bullet I saw ricocheted straight up, and a second or two later, hit him somewhere on the body causing his death.
It was a pretty hilarious moment.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:07 pm

The bullet physics of Receiver sometimes let bullet visibly fly in an arc when they still haven't embedded themselves in something, but still have momentum.

It was hilarious when I shot a turret and didn't disable it, but the bullet bounced off and arced over to a tazerbot, hit it in the propeller and sent it to the ground.

I was too busy laughing to notice that the turret had then spotted me and it shot me to death. But it was still worth it.

bacondeity

Post by bacondeity » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Sorry for the necro post, but this just happened to me, so I can pretty much confirm that you shot yourself.

If it makes you feel better, it seems I shot myself... ehrmmm twice. And don't mine the audio at the second half of the vid, I needed to fill it with something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo3RjUTStdY