Stairs Glitch

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Born2pie

Stairs Glitch

Post by Born2pie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 am

I was playing a bit of receiver after just getting the update when i came to some stairs leading down. At the bottom of the stairs was a tazor bot so i creeped along the side of the stairs to find myself fall down them against a wall, the tazor bot had seen me and tried to attack me which only resulted in some humor involving it tazoring some stairs in a desperate attempt to kill me.

i was free to run about behind the stairs and after killing the bot, i tried to escape which proved difficult.

i never did escape from my imprisonment behind the stairs i ended up just quitting. :cry:

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Stairs Glitch

Post by Anton » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:39 am

Those stairs are pretty hard to get out from, but it is possible... Aubrey knows about this though, and has talked about laying out the levels in a new way in the future, so hopefully this is resolved.

Also, instead of quitting, you can hold down L to restart within the game. If you want.

Law

Re: Stairs Glitch

Post by Law » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:25 am

Anton wrote:Also, instead of quitting, you can hold down L to restart within the game. If you want.
That, or you can crouch with the control marked 'C' and move towards the bottom of the stairs, and then use the crouch control to clip yourself out. A lot of use of the 'SPACE' control may be required.