Multiplayer Implementation is happening.

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Dark_Force

Re: Multiplayer Implementation is happening.

Post by Dark_Force » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm

SPITFIRE118xxx wrote:I think it should be more COOP because a receiver killing a receiver is against the story kinda. :/
It would be easy to have both. Also, keep up the good work juliobds :D

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 pm

SPITFIRE118xxx wrote:I think it should be more COOP because a receiver killing a receiver is against the story kinda. :/
Perhaps versus mode could be a receiver facing off against a filthy non-believer.

fibbity_bob

Post by fibbity_bob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 am

cant wait for it1

juliobds

Post by juliobds » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 am

fibbity_bob wrote:cant wait for it1
Unfortunately you will have to wait some more time. Life got in the way of working on the receiver multiplayer.

To this point the server is sending the proceduraly generated world to all the clients and is synchronizing with them when a new area is created.

Enemies are also being synchronized when they are created. They are however still not updating their rotation and position (But that is what I've been working on when I can).

Next step is to synchronize the tapes and the bullets.

I'll be letting you guys know how things are evolving.

Dark_Force

Post by Dark_Force » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Well, progress sounds good :D Keep up the good work!

Shadow207B2

Post by Shadow207B2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:29 am

I thought that was what he was adding?
I would not enjoy a PvP Receiver multiplayer :|

berq

Post by berq » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:10 am

Shadow207B2 wrote:
I thought that was what he was adding?
I would not enjoy a PvP Receiver multiplayer :|
He hasn't said anything specific about who you're supposed to shoot in multiplayer, only that there's shooting involved. And simply getting two+ players participating in a synchronous world would require a lot more work than defining what they're to do in that world. My guess is that CoOp or PvP isn't a big concern yet. I'd only suggest that since he's made the avatar a simple capsule and that he refers to the drones as "enemies," if there's a current focus, it's probably on cooperative play.

Either way, here are my first two thoughts on multiplayer Receiver:
  • Given the Buddhist/Hindu undertones of the plot, wouldn't PvP - trying to prevent other humans from attaining enlightenment - be extremely bad karma?
  • I LOVE the idea of one player being the decoy in a CoOp game! With the decoy at 9 o'clock and the shooter at 6, taking out turret cameras would be a breeze! And certainly volunteering to be a decoy would earn some good karma, wouldn't it? And does in-game karma transfer to real life? And is there an exchange rate?
    I'm not entirely sure how the system works.

SylverByrd

Post by SylverByrd » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm

He hasn't said anything specific about who you're supposed to shoot in multiplayer, only that there's shooting involved. And simply getting two+ players participating in a synchronous world would require a lot more work than defining what they're to do in that world. My guess is that CoOp or PvP isn't a big concern yet. I'd only suggest that since he's made the avatar a simple capsule and that he refers to the drones as "enemies," if there's a current focus, it's probably on cooperative play.

Either way, here are my first two thoughts on multiplayer Receiver:
Given the Buddhist/Hindu undertones of the plot, wouldn't PvP - trying to prevent other humans from attaining enlightenment - be extremely bad karma?
I LOVE the idea of one player being the decoy in a CoOp game! With the decoy at 9 o'clock and the shooter at 6, taking out turret cameras would be a breeze! And certainly volunteering to be a decoy would earn some good karma, wouldn't it? And does in-game karma transfer to real life? And is there an exchange rate?
I'm not entirely sure how the system works.
If it does have a PvP mode maybe it will be like Assassins Creed, where everyone is a Templar. Although I don't know who it would be, maybe some new anti-Receiver guy?

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Splitscreen like overgrowth with gamepad support perhaps?

Deadlyfluffball

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 am

I think this project is dead, no updates that I know of anyway.

juliobds

Post by juliobds » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 am

Deadlyfluffball wrote:I think this project is dead, no updates that I know of anyway.
It is not dead, I've just had a TON of things to do these last couple of weeks. But some progress has been made. The game is already around 80% converted from Javascript to C#. Which means the performance will be the same if not better some places.

I'm sorry for the time this is taking but I've really had a lot of work with deadlines to finish first.

castiglione

Post by castiglione » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 pm

I think PvP would be interesting since:

1) The detailed gun mechanics of Receiver would give PvP battles a different flavor compared to what's available out there. And the potential for high comedy (two people fumbling to reload after they've emptied their guns at each other) and high tension is too good to pass up.

2) For all you know, the OTHER guy(s) are part of the mindkill. Of course, they think the same about you. Frankly, it's appropriate IMHO.

Deadlyfluffball

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm

juliobds wrote:
Deadlyfluffball wrote:I think this project is dead, no updates that I know of anyway.
It is not dead, I've just had a TON of things to do these last couple of weeks. But some progress has been made. The game is already around 80% converted from Javascript to C#. Which means the performance will be the same if not better some places.

I'm sorry for the time this is taking but I've really had a lot of work with deadlines to finish first.

It`s good to hear you were not killed by mobsters or an assassin organization. Keep up the good work my friend.

Dark_Force

Post by Dark_Force » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Yes, do keep up the good work :D I'm excited for this, and we are patient people, we can wait. I think...

Hg341

Post by Hg341 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:21 pm

castiglione wrote:2) For all you know, the OTHER guy(s) are part of the mindkill.
thats not quite how the mindkill works :I