Spawning Stories

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Shadow207B2

Spawning Stories

Post by Shadow207B2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 am

Anyone have stories they would like to share of the treacherous spawning system of Receiver?

Just now, i spawned in front of 4 tapes

A while ago, i spawned next to a taserbot, and i had no bullets in my magazine...

FlyingShisno

Re: Spawning Stories

Post by FlyingShisno » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Once, I spawned and almost immediately heard a 'beep' behind me, and was shot. Turns out I was only 4 feet from a turret.

SPITFIRE118xxx

Post by SPITFIRE118xxx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:02 pm

I spawned in front of a turret, dead. Right after that, I spawned outside, I yawned, heard a beep, dead. Third time around I immediately got my gun ready, heard a beep, looked and sprayed. Dead.
I would really like for the Dev's to just refine their spawn system for the game so this doesn't happen.

Sentient8

Post by Sentient8 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:22 pm

The first time I beat receiver I had the worst spawn possible.

Let me explain.
One clip, no bullets and in view of two flying drones.

This play through taught me two things.

1. If you're about to get hit by a flyer, crouch. They usually miss if you time it right.
2. Receiver is a stealth game first, and a fps second. Run past turrets to save ammo for flyers. Sprint jump to find alternate routes. Use the outside window ledges as pathways to move past infested rooms.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Sentient8 wrote:The first time I beat receiver I had the worst spawn possible.

Let me explain.
One clip, no bullets and in view of two flying drones.

This play through taught me two things.

1. If you're about to get hit by a flyer, crouch. They usually miss if you time it right.
2. Receiver is a stealth game first, and a fps second. Run past turrets to save ammo for flyers. Sprint jump to find alternate routes. Use the outside window ledges as pathways to move past infested rooms.
Very, very helpful advice. Didn't think of crouching to dodge the hoverbots.
Ole! Ole!

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:14 pm

so this thread is kinda old, I have a feeling the spawning-in-danger thingy is now fixed (there never seems to be a killdrone in the room I spawn in), but tapes are very random still.. sometimes I find most of them pretty quickly, sometimes one in 20 mins..