Live Chat

Needed Idea - Combat Knife

The place to discuss all things Receiver.

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby MCXL » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:32 am

Stick with the prod.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Vxi7JRJrod4#t=161s[/YouTube]
MCXL
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:27 am

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby adamallen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:49 am

Ylvali wrote:It could be a hammer, or some other everyday blunt tool that makes sense finding in a left behind toolbox or the like.

It would make more sense to hit the robots with a blunt instrument I think, and that could also have the effect of only hurting them a little, but sending them flying across the room to potentially hit walls or the like for more damage, or just to get more time to reload the gun.http://bestmachete.net/the-3-top-best-f ... d-marines/

Or a crow bar like in Halflife. It does all of the stuff you requested as well as sound real-ish.
adamallen
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:45 am

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby likemecake202 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Korban3 wrote:Blood stripe!
I have the tanto model, lacks the blood stripe, same paint and grip though.
I need to mod it into OG sometime, because my KA-BAR is sexy as all get out.

Time for combat lesson kiddies!
The blood stripe, that indented portion of the blade, actually has a use. When you stab someone, the blood inside of their body creates suction against a flat blade's sides. This makes it pretty dang difficult to remove the weapon from a body, if not impossible without some wrenching, twisting and such.
However, having the blood stripe allows air to get against the blade, freeing it from the suction created by bodily fluids. Makes for faster, smoother stab and retrieve movements :D


Dang. I never thought you were a knife master and some sorts. :shock:
likemecake202
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 am

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby RAiKE8 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:12 pm

likemecake202 wrote:
Korban3 wrote:Blood stripe!
I have the tanto model, lacks the blood stripe, same paint and grip though.
I need to mod it into OG sometime, because my KA-BAR is sexy as all get out.

Time for combat lesson kiddies!
The blood stripe, that indented portion of the blade, actually has a use. When you stab someone, the blood inside of their body creates suction against a flat blade's sides. This makes it pretty dang difficult to remove the weapon from a body, if not impossible without some wrenching, twisting and such.
However, having the blood stripe allows air to get against the blade, freeing it from the suction created by bodily fluids. Makes for faster, smoother stab and retrieve movements :D


Dang. I never thought you were a knife master and some sorts. :shock:


That's actually incorrect; the fuller stiffens and lightens the blade (think I-beam), which gets more important the bigger your sword/knife.

http://www.agrussell.com/Articles/a/106/
RAiKE8
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby grasshoper » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:24 am

RAiKE8 wrote:Time for combat lesson kiddies!
The blood stripe, that indented portion of the blade, actually has a use. When you stab someone, the blood inside of their body creates suction against a flat blade's sides. This makes it pretty dang difficult to remove the weapon from a body, if not impossible without some wrenching, twisting and such.
However, having the blood stripe allows air to get against the blade, freeing it from the suction created by bodily fluids. Makes for faster, smoother stab and retrieve movements :D


Then what would happen to the one you have stab, will he be killed?
grasshoper
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:47 am

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby sandwichpolice » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Korban3 wrote:Blood stripe!
I have the tanto model, lacks the blood stripe, same paint and grip though.
I need to mod it into OG sometime, because my KA-BAR is sexy as all get out.

Time for combat lesson kiddies!
The blood stripe, that indented portion of the blade, actually has a use. When you stab someone, the blood inside of their body creates suction against a flat blade's sides. This makes it pretty dang difficult to remove the weapon from a body, if not impossible without some wrenching, twisting and such.
However, having the blood stripe allows air to get against the blade, freeing it from the suction created by bodily fluids. Makes for faster, smoother stab and retrieve movements :D


actually false, it functions as an I-Beam for the blade, much like those giant strips of metal you see in construction. it allows it to be even more durable, and lightens the blade with the loss of material.
User avatar
sandwichpolice
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 am
Location: aaaa

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby ElliottBish » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:12 am

and you are responsible for comments on forums.wolfire.com or just delete them?
User avatar
ElliottBish
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:57 am

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby Endoperez » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:47 pm

ElliottBish wrote:and you are responsible for comments on forums.wolfire.com or just delete them?


I'm not sure what you say here.
The forums get lots of spam. All posts made by a new user are hidden until someone has checked if it is spam.
User avatar
Endoperez
 
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am
Location: cold and dark and lovely Finland

Re: Needed Idea - Combat Knife

Postby Axbix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:16 am

or it's a retrievable ballistic knife
Axbix
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:11 am

Previous

Return to Receiver

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group