If you have other suggestions for low-hanging fruit, or minor bug fixes; let me know and I might try to tackle them.
I haven't bothered to check if these changes have already been made elsewhere. I just wanted to fix it for my own enjoyment.
Here are the changes I've made:
- Added mags to item spawns - about 1.5x as rare as flashlight spawns
- Player can only carry one flashlight at a time - prevent picking up unwanted flashlights
- Player can drop flashlight
- Fixed some odd layout issues in the map:
- Upstairs bathroom furniture floating above ground
This helps retain the ammo management aspects of the game. Full mags can spawn, which is more ammo than a normal bullet pile. That being said, mags can also spawn empty...
I didn't like picking up extra flashlights, because they couldn't be dropped (originally).
Now that you can drop a flashlight, I'm not sure if I should revert the single flashlight inventory change.
What do you think?
Screens: How should I make this available? Should I send a pull request on GitHub?
Here are the updates on github: https://github.com/ztdgz/7DFPS