Receiver keeps crashing

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Midara

Receiver keeps crashing

Post by Midara » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Hello! Absolutely loving Receiver so far, but the game keeps crashing at random intervals.

The screen goes black, monitor begins to report "no signal" and whatever audio was playing catches a tiny segment and starts buzzing. No amount of alt-tab, alt-f4, ctrl-alt-delete will save it.

The timing is completely random, and as best I can tell, there's no in game event, particular lighting conditions, button press etc. that is triggering it.

I've tried running the game in every quality setting at my default resolution (1280x768) and some in other resolutions as well, both windowed and full screen.

Even tried downloading a new copy of the game.

No clue if this is related, but in the spirit of trying to help myself before asking, I checked the output_log. After the initial information I found this line repeated over and over and over:
"(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d9c061b1c154f5ae/Runtime/Mono/MonoBehaviour.cpp Line: 1592)
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!"
Possible connection?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

My specs:
Graphics: Raedon HD 4850 1gb
Processor: Core2Duo 3.16ghz
Ram: 4gb DDR2

Midara

Re: Receiver keeps crashing

Post by Midara » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 pm

*bump*
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Am I missing something really obvious and no one wants to tell me?

I'd really love to play this game, but it typically won't stay running longer then 5 minutes.
At this point I paid for buggy program. :(
Not that I regret supporting the project or the devs in the least (far from it!), but still.

Davidos

Re: Receiver keeps crashing

Post by Davidos » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:14 am

Alright, I'm no expert in this so far and have only been dangling along with the code a bit, but I'm going to guess you are using the 32-bit version of windows XP, yeah?

Try fumbling around with the graphic settings a bit, try every varying setting, including windowed mode on or off. Make sure you are properly using Receiver.exe and try putting on run as admin in the windows xp compatability window if it's available.

If none of this works, try downloading the newest version of Unity, if your Radeon drivers are up to date (Personally, I've always had problems with ATI hardware...) and last but not least, make sure you have the latest windows NET Framework updates (http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&safe=off&tb ... 70&bih=838)

Good luck, and let me know if this doesn't work. There's always a work around, but I can't post that publicly.