Receiver- The movie (fan art, picture)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
MattMellander

Receiver- The movie (fan art, picture)

Post by MattMellander » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 pm

So I made this picture. Tell me what you think! I'm considering putting a tazer-bot inbetween Denzel and Emma. And also fixing up the proportions. Image

orlok

Re: Receiver- The movie (fan art, picture)

Post by orlok » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:30 pm

splendid!

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:43 am

Act 1: Wake up, get gun ready.

Act 2: Walk around, shoot a tazerbot, walk around some more, shoot a turret, shoot another turret, get spotted by tazerbot and haul ass, find a maglight and stow it away because it is not needed, walk around some more, find a tape, listen to the tape while sucking your thumb in the corner, look around the environment for bullets, find no bullets,

Act 3: Find a couple of more tapes, run out of bullets trying to shoot down a tazerbot, run the gauntlet down a long hallway of turrets, die.

I'd pay to see that.

MattMellander

Post by MattMellander » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Haha, well I reckon half the movie would be set before the Mind-Kill, setting up characters and their relationships, and also building tension as the Mind-Kill takes place over time. Then the hero character , in the now near extinct human race, which is in a state of emergency as people spontaneously die, would discover a tape. Also maybe in the first half, he does a gun course on a weekend with his girlfriend? :D It has potential.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 am

But surely (and I've pointed this out to others on this forum before) the more backstory you add to the game, the more it deviates from Receiver's aesthetic tone. Is not Receiver's lore severely limited and restrictive because the central theme is occultist-style indoctrination? You know, the kind where they limit a person's interaction with the the outside world and other human beings until they've blindly accepted the worldview of the cult as the one and only truth.

Perhaps Receiver would be better suited to a 20-30 minute short film where there is only one or two nameless characters as the protagonists and Aubrey's sweet, sweet voice on the tapes?

MattMellander

Post by MattMellander » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm

I prefer [the] non-cult version, where everything is literal and people are actually dying, allows for more backstory me-thinks. Heck, they made a movie out of Battleship. I do see your point though.