Some Ideas That don't Require Models

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
DontClickOnMe

Some Ideas That don't Require Models

Post by DontClickOnMe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

I recently started playing Receiver, and I though of some of my own additions to receiver that wouldn't require making extra models for.
(Sorry if some of these were mentioned earlier by other people, I just wanted to get them out of my head and onto "paper" as soon as possible.)

1) Bullet holes in hallways.
Why not? I think it would add a nice ambience affect.
2) Some lights would be randomly shot out.
It would add a nice ambience affect.
3) Ability to find clips
You can already drop them. I'm tired of running around a building finding only ammo and flashlights, and I think adding more motivation into the game by adding more clips would be nice.
4) Make the kill-drones patrol areas.
I would like this more than them wandering because it would add more stealth elements into the game. Of course, making some wander and some patrol would dupe all.
5) Finding bullets for other guns but not be able to use them.
I find it a bit confusing how the world is molded around your gun, (I understand that it's code and all, i'm talking about from the perspective of say a new player.)

I love Receiver and I hope that it continues to be supported by it's community and creators. At the same time, I feel like it would be a hard game to add onto without ruining the atmosphere. I hope that the creators make the right choices to keep the unique feel of the game.

Here are some ideas that could require a model or two to be implemented.

1) You have to find your gun/there are other guns around the map.
I think we all know what it's like to be chased and out of ammo, I think it would be better if that terrifying feel was in the game at the beginning. Plus, I think that it would add a more desolated feel of the player having to find everything by hand.
2) Acquirable Lazer Sights
So the player can see the threat better obviously!

Have a good day!

DontClickOnMe

Re: Some Ideas That don't Require Models

Post by DontClickOnMe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am

Quicksave!

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:31 pm

These are all good ideas especially the lazer sight and the hover drone patrol areas

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:17 am

I say no to the quicksave, but that's just me, doesn't feel like it fits with the game.

DontClickOnMe

Post by DontClickOnMe » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Count Roland wrote:I say no to the quicksave, but that's just me, doesn't feel like it fits with the game.
I do see how you could say no, it would remove some of the "rouge-like" elements. At the same time, it would remove lots of the rage quitting. :D

DontClickOnMe

Post by DontClickOnMe » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:16 pm

baldwinkids6 wrote:These are all good ideas especially the lazer sight and the hover drone patrol areas
Thanks! The game itself has so much potential. I want each play through to be different though.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeah, quicksave just makes it a tad bit easier.
I love the game, even when I die, it is still awesome to see the camera moving around when you are still being damaged as if your character is just drowning in an ocean of pain while the screen blacks out.

I also like the scavenging and feeling like a badass once I'm armed to the teeth.