Quick question; How do I reload individual bullets?

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Broodyr

Quick question; How do I reload individual bullets?

Post by Broodyr » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:46 am

As the title asks, how can I reload individual bullets into a mag? The controls don't say anywhere.

Count Roland

Re: Quick question; How do I reload individual bullets?

Post by Count Roland » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:49 am

take the magazine out, put the gun away and press z at least I think it was z, in any case the button you would normally use to put away the gun. pretty sure that's it.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:23 pm

It depends a little on which gun you have, but the contextual menu should always show you the method to prepare the gun to fire. (By pressing ?)

The "basic" reload with a gun with a magazine:

1. Remove the clip 'e'
2. Holster the gun '`'
3. Add bullets 'z'
4. Un-holster the gun '`'
5. Put magazine into gun 'z'

The revolver is different:
1. Open the cylinder 'e'
2. Empty shells (opt) 'v' - may need to be repeated
3. Add bullets 'z'
4. Close cylinder 'r'

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Anton wrote:The revolver is different:
1. Open the cylinder 'e'
2. Empty shells (opt) 'v' - may need to be repeated
3. Add bullets 'z'
4. Close cylinder 'r'
When you tap V, be sure to pick up the good bullets on the ground afterwards (g).

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm

(or hold down G before starting to eject the rounds and hold it, so you'll instantly pick the good ones up and only drop the empty casings.)

While we're on the subject of the revolver, I've never held a real one in my hands, is it normally impossible to get single bullets out of the cylinder, without emptying the whole thing?

Jetman123

Post by Jetman123 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Possible, but generally too time-consuming to do in the field, even during safe moments. It's faster to let it all drop and then collect it up after the fight - spent brass and unused bullets alike. If you have time, tuck the spent brass and unspent bullets into a separate pocket - you can reuse the brass later if you get to a reloading press, and sort through it to get to unused rounds if you find yourself running out.

CyberneticSasquatch

Post by CyberneticSasquatch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:35 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote: is it normally impossible to get single bullets out of the cylinder, without emptying the whole thing?
Yeah it is very hard to pick them out, without using the ejector and even impossible on older smith & Wesson's because the casing rims were countersunk.

However you can use the ejector to pop them up a bit but not enough for them to pop out and pull out the ones that you can see primer dents in. Or you could dump them into your hand and quickly filter away the empty brass. There is only 6 casings/cartrages to deal with so this is easily done.

But like Jetman123 said you wouldn't normally do this in a fight because it is time consuming. But that is the beauty of this game, in game you should get to decide if you want to do it the time consuming round efficient way or the quickest way to get you shooting again.

Also the way you can pick stuff up off the ground so fast is a bit of a exploit if you dump your cylinder and pick up the good ones fast. I almost think you should need to aim at the stuff you want to pick up.