Suggested improvements

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Fevix

Suggested improvements

Post by Fevix » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 am

I've been playing Receiver on and off for the past few days, and I must confess myself quite disappointed. It's very unique, yes, but honestly it needs quite a bit of work. I fell off a ten foot drop and got a game over, not to mention that getting hit at all by anything, even a single shot to the leg, leads to an instant game over with no chance to continue.

If they could add an actual health system, where getting hit in different places causes you to walk slower, or lose control of your gun temporarily, this game would be MUCH better. As it stands, however, it's a VERY frustrating play. Also, the ability to quickly swap magazines would be GREATLY appreciated, as all too often I have found myself under attack by the tazer-bots and my weapon runs out of ammunition, and as I die, I look down to find several near-fully loaded magazines in my inventory, which would have required several key presses to retrieve (Not to mention having to wait for the animations to complete so you can move to the next step), something I didn't have time for.

For a game going for realism, this is very unrealistic, as I know that such things, while painful, are not lethal as they are in the game, and reloading in real life isn't that complicated, and can be done quite quickly with only a small amount of practice.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Suggested improvements

Post by Anton » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 am

For quicker reloading, there are controls in the advanced help (hold down '?'). But the general idea is, if you double tap e, you will drop the magazine straight out of the gun, then double tap the key of your full magazine, and it will load straight into the gun. If you practice that, you can be quite fast at reloading.

As for the one hit kill... I personally think that's ok. It's not supposed to be an easy game, and not one really said the game was about "realism". The game really was about complex weapon mechanics, realism was just a happy accident.