Receiver dropping FPS on good hardware

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Synx

Receiver dropping FPS on good hardware

Post by Synx » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Second time writing this - seems like my net died.

Anyway, so on Receiver, I've been playing it on and off for a few days, fun game I must say - however I see on YouTube - people beating the whole game due to the fact that they do not lag - now me, I have a really good computer. I can run Battlefield 3, COD, DayZ, ARMA 2, etcetera - some of the most demanding games. However, with a simple game like this - I believed that I could run it. It's not when I run into rooms I get lag, it just seems randomly occuring to me.

I saw a fix on this forum, and the video got removed, the person then stated that the new update, which is RC7, fixed the whole issue - however I'm not quite sure if it's actually fixed anything for me...

If anyone could help, it'd be appreciated. I've also seen others saying that they've recompiled the engine/whatever, how would I possibly do this? I'd do anything to stop these random lag spikes.

LazyAmerican

Re: Receiver dropping FPS on good hardware

Post by LazyAmerican » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 am

Don't have any advice myself...but I too have noticed that after a bit of time has passed in game, my framerate starts decreasing. I just haven't seen the true full extent of this because usually I don't live long enough to get past a few tapes lol.

Warior135

Post by Warior135 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:49 am

Its the same for games like Slender.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 pm

I heard that it has something to do with the shadows, I've always found that in some games shadows can drop the FPS pretty bad... I don't have the best computer in the world, but I could run overgrowth pretty decently, not sure why receiver would be ridiculously laggy other than that... even when running on the "fastest" setting

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:00 am

I have this problem as well. My game gets slow in certain rooms though like the glowing green room. I think it has something to do with all the tiny little lights that are everywhere I mean really there is about 50 to 100 lights in every room..I think this is also due to the games being made in 7 days and is not very fast..I think that for Receiver to have excellent performance I believe Davis and Aubrey will have to work on it more..