Favourite Pistol to spawn with?

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Riverkiller

Re: Favourite Pistol to spawn with?

Post by Riverkiller » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am

Yeah, there's a CLEAR difference between this and this.
Never knew you had to be Agent 007 to look at a spent cartridge and determine if it was used or not.
Also, what does "I think you should by the new versions of guns so that you may easily identify the spent cases with the live cartridges. Just to avoid battle of words here. :lol:"
Does he mean you should purchase the new versions of 'guns'?
You realize how a bullet works, right? It's not a new innovation.
Here, click this.
1 = the actual projectile fired.
2 = the casing used to hold all the components in.
3 = the propellant used to actually launch the round.
4 = the rim of the casing used by the extractor to grip the casing while the round is fired, so as to extract only the casing
5 = the primer, used to ignite the propellant.
Oh, just realized Wikipedia has that diagram.

Groenendael72

Post by Groenendael72 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:52 pm

[/quote]
It would take a significant amount of ammunition being put through the revolver for the cylinder to get hot enough to transfer enough heat to the brass to be uncomfortable to handle. If that were the case, the firearm would also be rather uncomfortable to handle.[/quote]

well, actually the spent cartriges would be hot, if you need to prove it to yourself just feel a recently fired cartrige. Or you could look at this:

The transfer from the buring gunpowder to the shell is enough to make it a wee bit hot to touch, but it won't burn your fingers.

As for sorting through spent and live cartriges, It could be done by a blind man. Just feel if their hot or cold, or feel( you could use you eyes too!) if the hunk of lead is missing from the tip.

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Groenendael72 wrote: "It would take a significant amount of ammunition being put through the revolver for the cylinder to get hot enough to transfer enough heat to the brass to be uncomfortable to handle. If that were the case, the firearm would also be rather uncomfortable to handle."
A fired cartridge will be hot.
He meant that it would take a load of ammunition to be fired for the cylinder to get hot enough to burn you.
Now, back to the topic, I'll have to take the sexy look of the 1911.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Riverkiller wrote:Now, back to the topic, I'll have to take the sexy look of the 1911.
The 1911 is quite sexy and I like its sights, but I have really bad aim in Receiver and I kinda need the extra ammo capacity of the G17.

Hotshot3434

Post by Hotshot3434 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:23 pm

My favorite gun has to be the M1911. It is the only gun I have beaten the game with and is the most fun to manage IMO. Unfortunately 4/5 times I start with only one mag.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Hotshot3434 wrote:My favorite gun has to be the M1911. It is the only gun I have beaten the game with and is the most fun to manage IMO. Unfortunately 4/5 times I start with only one mag.
It isn't an M1911. It's a Colt 1911 A1.

BlackBluRR

Post by BlackBluRR » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 am

Actually it is an M1911, a Colt M1911 A1. It's an M1911 with a modified classification number, and some minor mechanical tweaks, but it's still an M1911.