[Solved] Reciever control bugs

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Hyomoto

[Solved] Reciever control bugs

Post by Hyomoto » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 am

I'd hate to think I'm the only one experiencing these bugs but it was not brought up on the GitHub and I didn't find it here in the message boards. Search is nice, but it only works when we all describe things the same way I guess. Here are the ones that cropped up after playing for ten minutes.

Binding keys is a cruel joke, most actions do not care. Here are the ones I found:

Insert - Only works with the M1911. Trying to put a bullet into a clip, or put a mag into the Glock doesn't work.

Pull slide back - Only works with the M1911, the Glock uses 'r' regardless of this setting.

Speaking of which, the Glock appears to ignore most rebound keys.

If you assign 'cylinder out' and 'cylinder in' to the same key, they cancel each other out.

The assign key box is a mess. It would be nice if movement and the different guns had their keys grouped at least loosely together.

I love this idea, and I think it's really neat. It would be great to see it developed into a full-fledged project one day. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who has experienced these bugs.
Last edited by Hyomoto on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyomoto

Re: Reciever control bugs

Post by Hyomoto » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 pm

Update to this problem, the bind key issues seemed to work themselves out. I can't say any specific troubleshooting 'fixed' the issue, but they key binds all work properly now.

If someone else has key bind issues, I can recommend simply trying to rebind them and see if that helps. It may be that I changed my bindings before I started the game for the first time? Not really certain if that made a difference, but all the guns behave properly now and I've been able to enjoy myself.

Enemby

Re: [Solved] Reciever control bugs

Post by Enemby » Thu May 02, 2013 12:41 am

Before/if this topic is locked, I'm curious why you tried to bind cylinder in/out to the same key, since it would seem rather obvious they would cancel each other out.

Hyomoto

Post by Hyomoto » Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 am

Well, the two are opposing actions. I have no need to close it unless it is open, nor vice versa. It seems logical the two could coexist. I feel like the clip could also use this type of a scheme but I recognize why the developer may have chose this scheme. I'd be glad to continue the discussion in a separate thread if you'd like. I think it's interesting from a technical/gameplay perspective.

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:26 pm

Thank you for your post. I have read through several similar topics! However, your article gave me a very special impression, unlike other articles. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like this or more to share with everyone! retro games