Another God Damn Spooky Occurence

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Another God Damn Spooky Occurence

Post by Constance » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

So I was playing Receiver now that it released on Steam. Guess what?
SPOOKY SPOOKY TIIIME!
I was on a walkway above the ground, with a staircase near the beginning. Then, a hoverbot flew towards me; I shot 3 times and all missed, but suddenly, a bullet hit the hoverbot and then the hoverbot died, and fell off the walkway. I didn't shoot jack shit when the bullet hit the hoverbot, and the bullet trail pointed towards the rooftops in front of the entrance to the walkway. So I looked at the rooftops, and nothing was there.

Why is so much spooky shit happening to me on Receiver.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Another God Damn Spooky Occurence

Post by Constance » Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 am

It couldn't have been a turret: it was only one bullet, and in my vision it came from a rooftop, and once I looked up there, litterly nothing was there. Another thing was that the bullet made no sound.

Katemonster

Post by Katemonster » Wed May 01, 2013 1:41 pm

It was likely a ricochet. Ricochet behavior in Receiver is very odd; and hard to follow and what seems like an abnormally long delayed response, but I've had things like that happen before. You also usually get an orange streamer tracing the path of the ricochet but not always.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed May 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Katemonster wrote:It was likely a ricochet. Ricochet behavior in Receiver is very odd; and hard to follow and what seems like an abnormally long delayed response, but I've had things like that happen before. You also usually get an orange streamer tracing the path of the ricochet but not always.
One damn lucky ricochet; it hit the hoverbot in the battery, right when it was going to kill me.

drako125

Post by drako125 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Timbles wrote:So I was playing Receiver now that it released on Steam. Guess what?
SPOOKY SPOOKY TIIIME!
I was on a walkway above the ground, with a staircase near the beginning. Then, a hoverbot flew towards me; I shot 3 times and all missed, but suddenly, a bullet hit the hoverbot and then the hoverbot died, and fell off the walkway. I didn't shoot jack shit when the bullet hit the hoverbot, and the bullet trail pointed towards the rooftops in front of the entrance to the walkway. So I looked at the rooftops, and nothing was there.

Why is so much spooky shit happening to me on Receiver.
It was either a turret you couldn't see, Or a bullet ricochet.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed May 01, 2013 4:04 pm

If it was a turret, it would've seen me again and shoot more, 'cause I stayed in the area a while. Either that or it ricocheted off the hoverbot and bounced until the turret got hit in the battery, which would be completely ridiculous.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed May 01, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm gonna spend it right now, because I'm probably gonna waste it answering a question; and you are near 50 posts, too.

I FUCKING LOVE NUMBERS ENDING IN 0'S

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed May 01, 2013 4:13 pm

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 9,000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, pussy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the world and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in 9,001 ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed May 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Timbles wrote:What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 9,000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, pussy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the world and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in 9,001 ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
OMG, you reached 1000 posts before I did! :o You diverse a cookie: Image

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 am

I hope to dear god people will stop quoting my 1000'th post. It's fuckin' long.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Sun May 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I, too, had a spooky Occurrence. This was in the form of an ordinary bullet that somehow developed the ability to fly and mirror my movements. I proceeded to pick it up and then fire it off into the wall.

I managed to screenshot it but since I'm utterly incompetent I don't know if or how to directly put it into my reply, I hope an imgur link will suffice.
(in the second picture you can see the bullet near the bottom of the column in the centre)

http://imgur.com/cG9DGCT,rfBIFBZ#0

*xfiles theme*

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Mon May 06, 2013 5:20 am

haidawe wrote:
TehEpic wrote:I, too, had a spooky Occurrence. This was in the form of an ordinary bullet that somehow developed the ability to fly and mirror my movements. I proceeded to pick it up and then fire it off into the wall.

I managed to screenshot it but since I'm utterly incompetent I don't know if or how to directly put it into my reply, I hope an imgur link will suffice.
(in the second picture you can see the bullet near the bottom of the column in the centre)

http://imgur.com/cG9DGCT,rfBIFBZ#0

*xfiles theme*
Put [img]link[/img] to make the image show
Thank you!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am

It was your companion bullet, ever there to make sure you don't run out of ammo.