Where to pew the killbots?

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
TehEpic

Where to pew the killbots?

Post by TehEpic » Sun May 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Ok, ever since I got Receiver I frequently wondered how to disable bots.

For turrets I used to aim for the orange box on the back. Until recently it began taking shots to said orange box without showing any signs of damage except wear and tear. I've now began aiming for the components on the front of the turret like the camera and what I assume is a firing mechanism (lime box). I found out that the lime box would stop the turret from actually firing, it would just creepily follow me around and give me a heart attack by beeping every time I came into it's view. It would rarely ever make the turret bow down and break. I then began aiming for the camera to stop it from detecting me. If I hit the lime box first I would still disable the camera to prevent me unnecessarily lighting the turret up and wasting all of my ammo whenever it beeped. This, as you may expect, uses up ammo when you stack it together. I found that avoiding turrets tends to be the best bet if I'm in one of those big rooms with a walkway. Would you guys advise against this? It doesn't seem to be affecting my play all that much.

For the UFO thingies I can't even begin to understand their workings. I tend to just spray into the white area until it sizzles and falls over. Surprisingly I don't have much trouble with them as long as I have a gun with a useable stash of ammo and a normal heart rate. I've found that other people's experiences are quite on the contrary.

Seeing as people on this forum are experienced with this kind of stuff. Please help a newb out and teach me where and what to shoot on what kilobits.

Thanks in advance.

(sorry if there is already a topic about this, my searches haven't turned up with anything)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Where to pew the killbots?

Post by Constance » Sun May 05, 2013 5:19 pm

The hoverbot is easiest to shoot while it's hovering towards you; if you dun fugged up and the gun's not shooting while the hoverbot's charging towards you, try crouching to dodge it and correct your mistake.

You can also stand inside turrets and they won't notice you.

Hoverbots also cannot look up, their camera is only angled down. They have to hover up first.

TehEpic

Re: Where to pew the killbots?

Post by TehEpic » Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 am

Thanks!

Also, on the hoverbot diagram it says shoot here near the bigger block at the front. From my experience bullets tend to ricochet off that. I find the rear tail thing to be a better target if you have a choice.

Thanks for the reply!