Weapon requests.

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
The_Risen

Weapon requests.

Post by The_Risen » Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 am

I'm a bit of a gun junkie, And I've just picked up the game about 45 minutes ago, But this has so much potential to me, it's insane. I had a few requests/suggestions for weapons in the game.

Pistols:

Tactical 1911, Preferably, You'll be able to attach a you can find around the map tactical light.
Shoots .45 acp, Obviously.

*cough* Kimbers' look really badass *cough*

FN Herstal 5-7
Shoots 5.7, Relative to the name, Shoots the same size round as the FN P90

S&W M&P40
Shoots, .40 S&W

Rifles:

To keep with a futuristic theme,
KRISS VECTOR
Shoots .45 acp, Like the 1911.

FN P90

Not a big fan of this weapon, But it would fit nicely
The 5.7 round, Like the 5-7 Pistol.

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/s ... 829331.jpg

FN F2000
Shoots the normal 5.56 round.
With or without the proprietary scope that I can't remember the name of, Nor do I feel like searching for it, As it's 3 A.M. Lol.

I'll add more as I'm not on the verge of death from sleep deprivation.
Last edited by The_Risen on Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TehEpic

Re: Weapon requests.

Post by TehEpic » Mon May 06, 2013 6:07 am

I think a couple of of small sub-machine guns like a MAC-10 or Uzi would fit nicely.

The M-10 would fire .45 ACP rounds so it would fit nicely. You can hold and fire it in single with one hand (who actually uses the automatic on the glock?) well. I think it would be a nice addition and would fit in to the game's atmosphere well.

Next would be the Uzi. I would assume there would be no Uzi as it is a submachine gun. Therefore a Mini-Uzi would be more fitting. Although the model might be a bit complicated due to all of the grooves and curves I think it, too, would be a very nice addition to the game. Although Uzis widely accept 9x19mm some are modified to fire .45 ACPs (are you seeing a trend here?).

What I'm trying to say is, .45 ACP firing machine pistols would be nice. Since you wouldn't need to create another bullet for them it would take a small load off the devs. Since they are automatic I think it would prove to be a nice challenge and a change of tone for the game. I'm not expecting the devs to give this thought as it's highly unlikely anything bigger than the colt would be introduced. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to try.

Triprox

Post by Triprox » Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 am

I would also like to see the FN.57 And maybe and Xm8 assault rifle. Here is a link for a video about the Xm8 [not a long video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63cxeEq5gUk

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Mon May 06, 2013 9:18 am

I think assault rifles are too large to be put into the core game. I would adore to see a mod with them though.

The_Risen

Post by The_Risen » Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 pm

TehEpic wrote:I think a couple of of small sub-machine guns like a MAC-10 or Uzi would fit nicely.

The M-10 would fire .45 ACP rounds so it would fit nicely. You can hold and fire it in single with one hand (who actually uses the automatic on the glock?) well. I think it would be a nice addition and would fit in to the game's atmosphere well.

Next would be the Uzi. I would assume there would be no Uzi as it is a submachine gun. Therefore a Mini-Uzi would be more fitting. Although the model might be a bit complicated due to all of the grooves and curves I think it, too, would be a very nice addition to the game. Although Uzis widely accept 9x19mm some are modified to fire .45 ACPs (are you seeing a trend here?).

What I'm trying to say is, .45 ACP firing machine pistols would be nice. Since you wouldn't need to create another bullet for them it would take a small load off the devs. Since they are automatic I think it would prove to be a nice challenge and a change of tone for the game. I'm not expecting the devs to give this thought as it's highly unlikely anything bigger than the colt would be introduced. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to try.
I was never really a fan much of the MAC-10/M-10 or the Uzi's. But I can understand what you\re saying.

And yep, That's what I went in thinking of this, Just a little something for fun, Maybe give them Ideas if they decide to take a look.

The_Risen

Post by The_Risen » Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Triprox wrote:I would also like to see the FN.57 And maybe and Xm8 assault rifle. Here is a link for a video about the Xm8 [not a long video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63cxeEq5gUk
Ah the rifle that could've been, I'm not sure on this one, It would be easy to check ammunition since the mag is clear, But I just don't see the for a scope, with any amount of zoom. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a 3.5x? Even with that, Seems kind of far for 90% of the engagements that occur.

Cooperal

Post by Cooperal » Mon May 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Not sure about the pistol options from the first post. It doesn't sound like they'd add anything to the game, just a model and a different mag size. Even the tactical flashlight attachment seems pointless since there's already no penalty for constantly holding the current flashlight (which I avoid using in all but darkened areas).

I can't put my finger on many specific weapons but I'd like to see the core focus be placed on adding new mechanics and increasing the emphasis of "luck of the draw" when you spawn". Ideas I can think to help accomplish that are:

- add lootable higher capacity mags as a rare spawn
- include a gun with an attached laser sight which allows for a quick "hip fire" (hold middle click to quickly aim this gun without the iron-sight and lowered sensitivity perhaps?)
- add a gun which only fires in bursts to add difficulty with recoil and ammo management
- add a bolt-action rifle to make misses feel critical and add panic (or satisfaction after a victory)
- add a light machinegun. higher chance of plentiful spawn ammo, lowered movement speed (harder to dodge/make difficult sprint-jumps), slower to pull up for aiming, generous capacity, awkward if you DO need to reload
- add a very inaccurate pump-action (or possibly double barreled) shotgun to change up the routine of sniping through doorways, forcing us to stick our necks out, sneak closer to enemies first or risk luring them in for a tense hit-or-die stand-off (and of course that satisfying pump-action)
- a high calibre weapon that can pack a strong enough punch to put systems out of action without directly hitting them

And for a joke suggestion (?):

- add a rarely findable watergun (don't let it overwrite spawn weapons). Fill it up at one of the many sinks/bathtubs scattered around the levels. Make your enemy regret not making their robots waterproof. A weapon of tremendous power in the right hands :twisted:

The_Risen

Post by The_Risen » Mon May 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Cooperal wrote:Not sure about the pistol options from the first post. It doesn't sound like they'd add anything to the game, just a model and a different mag size. Even the tactical flashlight attachment seems pointless since there's already no penalty for constantly holding the current flashlight (which I avoid using in all but darkened areas).

I can't put my finger on many specific weapons but I'd like to see the core focus be placed on adding new mechanics and increasing the emphasis of "luck of the draw" when you spawn". Ideas I can think to help accomplish that are:

- add lootable higher capacity mags as a rare spawn
- include a gun with an attached laser sight which allows for a quick "hip fire" (hold middle click to quickly aim this gun without the iron-sight and lowered sensitivity perhaps?)
- add a gun which only fires in bursts to add difficulty with recoil and ammo management
- add a bolt-action rifle to make misses feel critical and add panic (or satisfaction after a victory)
- add a light machinegun. higher chance of plentiful spawn ammo, lowered movement speed (harder to dodge/make difficult sprint-jumps), slower to pull up for aiming, generous capacity, awkward if you DO need to reload
- add a very inaccurate pump-action (or possibly double barreled) shotgun to change up the routine of sniping through doorways, forcing us to stick our necks out, sneak closer to enemies first or risk luring them in for a tense hit-or-die stand-off (and of course that satisfying pump-action)
- a high calibre weapon that can pack a strong enough punch to put systems out of action without directly hitting them

And for a joke suggestion (?):

- add a rarely findable watergun (don't let it overwrite spawn weapons). Fill it up at one of the many sinks/bathtubs scattered around the levels. Make your enemy regret not making their robots waterproof. A weapon of tremendous power in the right hands :twisted:
Well, Different power rounds could maybe have different effects, Like if you were to shoot a .45 at one of the robots, Opposed to a 5.7, It would have different effects. And a little bit of a change.

Considering the KRISS Vector has a 2-round burst, It would be perfect, Even more it has the ability to take Glock magazines, So you would have that fact for the Dev's also, That it uses .45 ACP.

For the Tac light, It would make for a slightly faster reload, As you have to put the flashlight away to reload a mag.

A pump action would be nice, Maybe a Remington 870, Police style.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 am

I really hope one day this game gets a shotgun. I really want to leap through a door and just ravage anything in that room.

AA12 explosive rounds, pls.

EDIT: After playing Metal Gear Solid 4 I thought that V-Ring ammo would be possible. I understand that in the game it is highly exaggerated but I think that a V-Ring shot would have the power to knock back or flip a killbot in mid air and possibly be able to flip/disorientate turrets.

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 am

Cooperal wrote:Not sure about the pistol options from the first post. It doesn't sound like they'd add anything to the game, just a model and a different mag size. Even the tactical flashlight attachment seems pointless since there's already no penalty for constantly holding the current flashlight (which I avoid using in all but darkened areas).
The flashlight actually has limited use, though it's a bit ridiculous (lasts between 1.1 and 5.5 hours when first collected), nobody would have a run long enough to even cause a noticable difference in the flashlight even if they held it out all the time.

As for the actual guns, I think particular rifles could work well if they have a lot of differences compared to the pistols/revolver (semi-auto modes, scope, tac. flashlight, etc.). I think it should be a priority to look for unique and somewhat complex guns instead of what looks cool or performs well.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 am

Hexicube wrote:The flashlight actually has limited use, though it's a bit ridiculous (lasts between 1.1 and 5.5 hours when first collected), nobody would have a run long enough to even cause a noticable difference in the flashlight even if they held it out all the time.
It is based on the actual running time of flashlight, which lends itself to the "realism" of the game. Although, it's true, most people won't run down the batteries in a game.
At one point, we had discussed a possible game mechanic where you would have control over the batteries that you are carrying, and you would have to choose between powering your flashlight, and powering your cassette player. I think it would have made for some cool choices, as the tape player would definitely drain the batteries faster, and you might have to sit in the dark to listen to the tapes. Sadly, there wasn't enough time to make this happen.

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 am

Anton wrote:
Hexicube wrote:The flashlight actually has limited use, though it's a bit ridiculous (lasts between 1.1 and 5.5 hours when first collected), nobody would have a run long enough to even cause a noticable difference in the flashlight even if they held it out all the time.
It is based on the actual running time of flashlight, which lends itself to the "realism" of the game. Although, it's true, most people won't run down the batteries in a game.
At one point, we had discussed a possible game mechanic where you would have control over the batteries that you are carrying, and you would have to choose between powering your flashlight, and powering your cassette player. I think it would have made for some cool choices, as the tape player would definitely drain the batteries faster, and you might have to sit in the dark to listen to the tapes. Sadly, there wasn't enough time to make this happen.
I understood why it was that long, but the realism on it seems to subtract from inventory management, which makes the game that little extra tense.