Problems I have found

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
doom429

Problems I have found

Post by doom429 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:09 am

These are the problems I have found while playing the game.
If some of these problems have already been brought up I apologize.

I am currently running this on arch linux.

1) Tab causes all the buttons to be pressed at the same time (This causes other bugs).
2) Can't hold '?' or ‘L’.
3) When you first get your gun, if the slide catch is engaged and you pull the slide back with a mag, a bullet sometimes is ejected.
4) Moving the mouse wheel causes the revolver to rotate ~2 full rotation back to where is was.
5) Able to stand up when under an object.
6) Lag spikes when entering a new section.
7) Can get stuck behind stairs in a hall.
8 ) Can jump when dead.
9) Inventory can be hidden behind objects.
10) Not all inventory spaces can be seen (8-10 are outside the screen).

What I would like to see added
1) The slide stays back for as long as you hold 'R' (for both cocking and press checks).
2) Able to load a round directly into the chamber (incase you dropped your mag).
3) Stoppages and malfunctions.

TehEpic

Re: Problems I have found

Post by TehEpic » Fri May 10, 2013 10:24 am

I would love to see the lag when loading a new area removed or lowered. It is a pain when playing and I would assume it's even worse if trying to create videos.

schedule1

Post by schedule1 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't know what build you're playing or if your OS has anything to do with it, but the only of these problems I've encountered on update 7 are:
3) round ejection when cocking the gun instead of pressing slide release - only seems to occur when the weapon spawns in that state
6) lag spikes are quite annoying, since your character continues walking forward; most likely into danger.
-
the rest either don't exist any longer, or are non-problematic.

Things that should be changed that I've noticed are primarily:
- The revolver fires out of the wrong cylinder (the one on the far right?)
- Putting a mag into a weapon with the slide locked back causes the first bullet in the mag to chamber even if you take the mag back out immediately.
- You cannot interact with the 1911 in any way when the safety is engaged

- inserting rounds directly into chamber (it seems other people want that too)

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Sun May 12, 2013 1:56 pm

schedule1 wrote: - You cannot interact with the 1911 in any way when the safety is engaged

- inserting rounds directly into chamber (it seems other people want that too)
Those two annoy me too. When I spawn with the 1911 I sometimes forget to cock the gun. Empty chamber? I've been fooled by it before. Safety? Dead giveaway.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Wed May 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Some stairs have a chance to block movement. Particularly the last steps of stairs upwards. This can be lethal when running from killdrones..

If I press 0 while not having any item in hand (just the gun), and my 0 inventory slot is empty, then the next time I eject the magazine, it'll go straight to the 0 inventory slot, instantly. This has confused me several times until I figured it out, because I couldn't find the magazine. (as previously mentioned, not all inventory slots are visible.)
(I use the slot 0 for the flashlight, because I don't like seeing the inventory on the HUD, that's why I press 0 when having no items in hand, I want to take out my flashlight and I don't remember that I don't have one. I know, silly me. Doesn't change the bug above.)

Flying saucers sometimes (quite regularly) don't fall down when killed (this is well known, but belongs in this thread I guess).

It is possible to climb up to a next-story room from this room, through the ceiling.