[MOD] Hexicube's Receiver Tweaks

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Hexicube

[MOD] Hexicube's Receiver Tweaks

Post by Hexicube » Thu May 16, 2013 9:38 am

Hey guys, just finished up making a number of changes to how Receiver works, here's what I recall being changed:
  • Turrets take 50% longer between shots
  • Droids move at 65% of original speed
  • Shooting the ammo box on the turret now drops 1-4 bullets (unless the turret used up all of its' ammo, realism :P)
  • 2.5% chance of a loot pile being a large ammo pile (20-30 rounds)
  • Magazines spawn in large ammo piles, subtracting ammo from that pile (revolver does nothing)
  • Cassettes spawn on their own in a loot pile
  • 1 in 7 chance of a turret spraying out all of its' bullets at once (shotgun turret)
  • Flashlight can be dropped if you holster your gun and magazines (may clip through floor)
  • Flashlights now last 6-30 minutes instead of 70-350 minutes
  • Flashlight charge/brightness levels are shown in the help menu at the bottom
  • Changed droid/turret spawn rates, easier to start with then gets excessive
  • Item spawn chance is now dependent on how many enemies spawned in a level 'chunk'
  • Hidden easter egg! :3

The files that you need to apply can be found HERE. The mod SHOULD be compatible with the VO mod as they modify different files.

To apply the changes download the file and extract the rar archive to the same location the receiver exe is in. To find the exe you do this:
Steam: Right-click game->Properties->Local Files tab->Browse local files
Other: I would assume you go into the shortcut properties and click locate, not tried this way

Feedback would be appreciated!
Last edited by Hexicube on Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

liampieman

Re: [MOD] Hexicube's Receiver Tweaks

Post by liampieman » Thu May 16, 2013 2:18 pm

not bad, hope to try it out to see what differences this makes to the game, sounds good so far. good luck with the mod :)

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Fri May 17, 2013 11:28 am

Should be working now, I have a feeling it may be a bit too easy some of the time, but then again I always use slow motion on any particularly hard rooms. :P

Xriah

Post by Xriah » Fri May 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Gave it a go for a few playthroughs.

Overall, I like it. Didn't find the easter egg unfortunately, but I prefer these tweaks to the original game.

And it does work fine with the VO mod.

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Fri May 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Xriah wrote:Gave it a go for a few playthroughs.

Overall, I like it. Didn't find the easter egg unfortunately, but I prefer these tweaks to the original game.

And it does work fine with the VO mod.
Glad you like it, feel free to point out any glaring flaws. ;3

Also, you'll never find that easter egg, at least not intentionally. It's like 0.01% chance every time something very specific happens...

I also want to put more depth into the flashlight/batteries, but I need to get my files to be compatible with the steam ones first as it's editing resources and not scripts then. I might make the usage of the cassette drain the flashlight and also require it, though. Would be interesting even if it's just a placeholder until I get it fully working.

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Sat May 18, 2013 4:10 am

Added a quick change; when shooting out the turret ammo box, the turret can still fire 1 shot because it would be chambered. I think this was how the turrets used to work before I added the ability to obtain ammo from them.

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 am

Changed item spawn chance to look at how many enemies spawned in a 'chunk' compared to the maximum that could have. New formula:
(15+70*(enemies/maxEnemies))%
If no enemies spawn there's a 15% chance of an item spawn happening per spawn point, if all enemies spawn it's 85%, etc.
If a chunk of the world is actually incapable of spawning enemies (currently this doesn't apply) then the chance becomes 45%, as if half spawned. This is just in case anyone decides to make new map sections for testing and adds item spawns for testing before enemy spawns.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Wed May 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Is it/will it be compatible for mac?

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Thu May 23, 2013 9:02 am

TehEpic wrote:Is it/will it be compatible for mac?
I haven't tried it on a mac, and I'm not 100% sure since I edited the script dll files and not an assets file.

I might need to compile it for mac if it isn't.

theflyingfish

Post by theflyingfish » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Can you release the mod in a .zip format?

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:13 am

theflyingfish wrote:Can you release the mod in a .zip format?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132 ... r_Data.zip

1wsx10

Post by 1wsx10 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:31 am

Hey great mod... just one thing, I noticed you said that tapes only spawn by them selves, I think this has caused all the times tapes spawn with rounds to be replaced by only rounds, this has resulted in a massive reduction in the amount of tapes on the map, I have only found about 2 tapes in about 3 hours of gameplay with your mod.

also i think it would be cool if you edited the turret model so that when you shoot it in the ammo box so that it looks like it has been torn open, otherwise rounds wouldn't just fall out that easily, also maybe there should be a random chance for the ammo box to explode, ruining the rounds but alsso giving a chance to cause critical damage to the turret itself.

another idea, maybe there should be a random chance for a bullet to explode in the mag (maybe only if the player has an excess of ammo...), this might also cause damage to the mag so the player would have to find one

Silails

Post by Silails » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Hey, this mod's look great, but download link is dead, can you reupload please? :D

howcanea

Post by howcanea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:26 am

I have only found about 2 tapes in about 3 hours of gameplay with your mod.

MetalKingBoo

Post by MetalKingBoo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Anyone got a download for this? Would love to try it out but the link is dead.