Request for very EASY Mod

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
ToastyToast

Request for very EASY Mod

Post by ToastyToast » Mon May 20, 2013 1:39 pm

The title of this post is a kind of double-entendre because the mod would make the game easier and it would also be easy to make. I'm some of you will hate me for this but I want a mod that makes tapes about 4 times more frequent. They are incredibly rare to find. On an average run, I find an average of .7 tapes. If you like it hard, then obviously all the more credit to you but is there someone who is willing to make a mod where tapes are 4 times more frequent? I'm really tired of going through room after room after room and finding roughly zero tapes.

Thank you for your time reading this!
Last edited by ToastyToast on Mon May 20, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hexicube

Re: Request for very EASY Mod

Post by Hexicube » Mon May 20, 2013 4:10 pm

ToastyToast wrote:The title of this post is a kind of double-entendre because the mod would be easy and it would also be easy to make. I'm some of you will hate me for this but I want a mod that makes tapes about 4 times more frequent. They are incredibly rare to find. On an average run, I find an average of .7 tapes. If you like it hard, then obviously all the more credit to you but is there someone who is willing to make a mod where tapes are 4 times more frequent? I'm really tired of going through room after room after room and finding roughly zero tapes.

Thank you for your time reading this!
The tapes are actually not too hard to find, you just need to press on through about 6 blocks of rooms to have better chances of getting tapes. Obviously, this also boosts enemy counts too, because they're actually tied together, but if you want to get those tapes you have to do that.

I could make this mod, but I'd rather not. It would ruin the game's replayability if you can just find 11 tapes in about 11 seconds or something of the sort.

ToastyToast

Post by ToastyToast » Mon May 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I wasn't suggesting that there be a tape every second. Anyway, I did not know that enemies and tapes increased with every room, thank you for letting me know.

On my computer, the aiming is quantum meaning that I cannot aim smoothly but only jerkily so it's even more difficult for me to survive. Do you have that problem as well? I still hope you find it in your will to make the mod since I feel like it's futile to play the game knowing that I won't collect 11 tapes. My most ever is 3. I doubt I will ever make it to 11 tapes even after hours and hours of play. Nonetheless, I am using some of the mods you did make so thank you for those!

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 am

ToastyToast wrote:Thank you for your reply.

I wasn't suggesting that there be a tape every second. Anyway, I did not know that enemies and tapes increased with every room, thank you for letting me know.

On my computer, the aiming is quantum meaning that I cannot aim smoothly but only jerkily so it's even more difficult for me to survive. Do you have that problem as well? I still hope you find it in your will to make the mod since I feel like it's futile to play the game knowing that I won't collect 11 tapes. My most ever is 3. I doubt I will ever make it to 11 tapes even after hours and hours of play. Nonetheless, I am using some of the mods you did make so thank you for those!
The problem with collecting many tapes is a shared one, with or without my tweaks I can get up to 4 regularly. Also, just so you know, by default enemy/item spawns work like this:

Pick a difficulty value for each room, starting at 0 for the spawn room and going up by 0.1 for every room away up to 0.6
For each possible enemy spawn in a room it has that chance of spawning, where 0 is never and 1 is always
If the room is the starting one, add 0.3 to difficulty, otherwise add 0.1
Do the same spawning chances for items with the new value

TL;DR: You want to go at least 6 rooms away to get max item spawns, with a chance of 0.7 per room with a high enemy rate to match the item rates.