Enemy Hitboxes

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Anton
pretty cool guy

Enemy Hitboxes

Post by Anton » Thu May 23, 2013 12:50 am

So, I've noticed a lot of people asking "where do I shoot the enemies?" and I've found that the descriptions most people give can be a little hard to follow, so I put together this little image that shows off the different places to aim for.

And just to be clear, here is what happens when you shoot each spot.

Camera: The drone/turret can no longer see you. They will continue moving, and if they are in attack state, will continue attacking. WIll not track you.
Motor: The drone/turret can no longer move. If you have only disabled the motor, be aware that the enemy can still attack you if you move in the way/get too close. If the drone falls far enough when you shoot out the motor, it can disable the rest of the parts from the fall.
Weapon: The enemy can no longer attack, however, it can still track you. It can be creepy to watch the turret following you, and annoying for the drone to continually dive bomb you, but you are "safe".
Battery: This is the most practical way to disable an enemy. All functions will be disabled.
Ammo Box (turret only): The weapon will no longer be fed bullets, HOWEVER, there is still one bullet in the chamber, so be wary of that last shot.

Glabbit

Re: Enemy Hitboxes

Post by Glabbit » Thu May 23, 2013 6:22 am

Excellent! Thanks, Anton.
The tape's instructions on the turret's build were enough for me to - with practice - learn how to reliable disable them. The drones soon became a mystery as more often than not a shot aimed at what I thought was the battery simply ricocheted off and made the drone wobble out of view, making it harder to see and hit, often enough indirectly leading to my demise as I'd have to move further out of cover.

This imagery might've been all I was lacking, save for a little extra experience.

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu May 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Awesomeness! I was thinking of doing something like this but got lazy and didn't. :wink: Nice work!

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Sat May 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Thank you!! This is great.
should one bullet at one of these spots always disable the affected part?
what's the little gray thingy sticking out of the top of the camera/weapon? i always thought that was part of the camera.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat May 25, 2013 2:16 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:Thank you!! This is great.
should one bullet at one of these spots always disable the affected part?
what's the little gray thingy sticking out of the top of the camera/weapon? i always thought that was part of the camera.
One bullet that PENETRATES any of these areas will affect that part. However, if you hit the box with a glancing blow, it can ricochet off, and not affect the part, so the angle of the shot is important as well.

I don't know what the grey part sticking up is, but I'll try to find out.
EDIT: Shooting the grey part does not disable any part of the weapon. However, there is always a small chance that shooting a turret anywhere will disable it.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Sun May 26, 2013 9:40 am

Wow, this is awesome! Now I can stop sucking as much!