more enemies

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
syamada37

more enemies

Post by syamada37 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:57 pm

I am very new to the Receiver Forum so I do not know if this has been brought up or not. I think it would be really cool if the game was a lot scarier. For example, there could be more enemies such as spider crawling robots that make clicking noises, or enemies that can crawl on the walls. I really like the way this game plays from the realism of the guns to the great music. I think this game has great potential to become the next Slender, except with robots and awesome guns. I think that once Wolfire finishes Overgrowth they can spend time on Receiver and really make it a top notch horror game. It would also be really cool if there were more maps such as a forest or a ruined city. This game is very fun to play and I would love to see it as an official release someday! :D

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: more enemies

Post by Constance » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:55 am

syamada37 wrote:For example, there could be more enemies such as spider crawling robots that make clicking noises, or enemies that can crawl on the walls.
OH GOD NO

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 am

syamada37 wrote: I think this game has great potential to become the next Slender
Please don't compare this peice of art to that shitty wreck of a game. That shit involved minor jumpscares and completely destroyed the entire Slender Man mythos in the eyes of YouTube. Fuck that game.

BlackBluRR

Post by BlackBluRR » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:12 pm

All slender man comparisons aside, I agree that the game would benefit greatly from more enemy variants. I like the crawling on walls idea actually.

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 pm

I feel like I'm being a douchebag in these forums shooting down these people, but... I just don't want this to turn away from the roots!
But you have to think about the LORE! Read the story of Receiver! It isn't some random adventure.
The story (had you listened to the tapes) is about an URBAN area that has been consumed/brainwashed by the media! A forest would have little place in this fictional world.
HOWEVER, more rooms, a different apartment area, THAT would be amazing. Hell, an entirely different map (still urban, in the same type of setting) is okay.
I personally dislike creepy-crawlers and hate the shock drones because they kill me. :P
I also don't think the intended genre is horror, although, with some nice use of mods, you could make a horror with it. That has potential. Just... Receiver doesn't fit in with the horror theme, it's more like a Skynet situation, in which you must train the few survivors to fight for the world...
or so it seems.

emugod

Post by emugod » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:08 am

There is a fully assembled model of a mobile turret left in the available unity project source waiting to be implemented (along with a flying gun drone, and I swear I've seen shots somewhere of an array of cut enemies including a tracked mobile drone). I've been playing with the source a bit and getting it working as an alternate stationary turret was no challenge at all, but I don't really know what I'm doing beyond that (in terms of making it actually move about). I'm not really familiar enough with unity or experienced enough in game design in general, and more than anything can't really imagine how it would actually work in the game (and provide any meaningful difference/improvement over the stationary turret).
Riverkiller wrote:But you have to think about the LORE! It isn't some random adventure. Receiver doesn't fit in with the horror theme
I have to disagree with all of this. There's nothing BUT room for expansion, in nearly any direction. I think the game more than anything else is deliberately dream-like. The details of the Receiver organization/'cult' (its structure and true goals, even its role in the games events), the nature of the environment and circumstance, it's all very vague. The unreliability of the Receiver Cult means you could essentially pick-and-choose which of their 'facts' you like.
For example, the bit about bodies vanishing on death, sounds like crazy cult BS, and let's say it is; then what is a mind-killed body? There's a word for a mindless human, starts with a 'Z'...
Or, latch onto the dreamlike quality, and say 'it was all a dream... inspired by your experiences as' whatever (cult deprogrammer, accomplished receiver, PHd mindtech researcher, etc.)