[IDEA] Hand Mirror (for checking corners)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.

AmorphousGamer

Re: [IDEA] Hand Mirror (for checking corners)

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:43 am

Seems pretty badass but if it makes it in Receiver I will personally go track down David and slap him in the face. :P

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:21 pm

OH GOD! The days of Ghost Recon and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, they are coming back!

BlackBluRR

Post by BlackBluRR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:05 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:
BlackBluRR wrote:Also stepping out and back around the corner is more or less completely safe as it is now.
You have obviously never played Receiver for more than 10 minutes.
When stepping around a corner long enough to take in solid information, you can be targeted and followed, shot multiple times, or shocked. It is most certainly not safe in any way.
Not true. I've logged several hours of gameplay in Receiver, and have successful retrieved all the tapes. You're obviously checking corners wrong. I tend to pop out and then right back in, just to get a cursory glance at the area. If it seems safe at a glance, then I go for the more solid information. The only time that ever gets hairy is when I'm spotted by the out of sight tazerbots. In which case I just book it. As long as I don't get careless it's perfectly safe. The bots don't track fast enough to shoot you the instant you pop out, only if you lurk for too long.
Last edited by BlackBluRR on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:07 am

Whatever, dude. A hand mirror doesn't fit Receiver. I'm not posting anything else in this thread.

BlackBluRR

Post by BlackBluRR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 am

Riverkiller wrote:
BlackBluRR wrote: Also stepping out and back around the corner is more or less completely safe as it is now. The mirror wouldn't offer you a safer way to do this, just a less hurky jerky one in my opinion. Really I just want to avoid awkwardly hopscotching my way around every blind corner as I play the game. It just breaks the momentum for me, brings the game to a grinding halt, every corner.
BlackBluRR wrote: brings the game to a grinding halt, every corner.
I tend to go in, checking that every side and below me is more or less safe, picking off enemies from outside the doorstep.
Whenever I see too many enemies than what I feel like dispatching, I tend to attempt going to the other side of where I spawned, so you see, it never brings my game to a grinding halt because for me, it's part of the gameplay(the tactical assessment part).
I never really feel like Receiver is too slow, because I feel that the game is not about running and gunning.
The only time I ever 'awkwardly hopscotch' my way around a corner is if there is a turret and I need to make a quick escape before I am shot.
Valid point. Don't get me wrong man, I love Receiver just the way it is. If it never changed I'd be perfectly fine with that. But to suggest that there's no room for improvement in streamlining the game play just doesn't sit right with me. And hey hand mirrors aren't a perfect idea, this I know. It's just that aspect of the game just didn't make sense to me i.e how you clear corners. I dunno whatever I thought it could fit.

BlackBluRR

Post by BlackBluRR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:Whatever, dude. A hand mirror doesn't fit Receiver. I'm not posting anything else in this thread.
Thanks

BlackBluRR

Post by BlackBluRR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:18 am

Same train of thought, but a little overkill. I just want the act of looking around the corner, and the act of of physically stepping around the corner, separated. If it were me navigating random uncharted hallways with the knowledge that deadly killbots could be just about anywhere, I wouldn't step walk out around every corner just to establish some sort of visual. That's all I'm trying to say I guess.