Steam, Linux version have some issue

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
destroyfx

Steam, Linux version have some issue

Post by destroyfx » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:25 am

Hi, I brought this game on Steam today and have three issue (some might related the the Linux version from information I gathered on IRC).

1 - No options for keyboard mapping and screen setting. On IRC, someone mentioned that when I launch the game I'm supposed to get a launcher but I don't, it go straight in the game.
2 - the hold key ? for advanced help don't work, it do the same thing as tapping it many time.

I made a video of that there : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwgTYhjB76k
Thanks to look at it and fix it :)

PS : I own a Dvorak keyboard so this game is totally unusable :(

AmorphousGamer

Re: Steam, Linux version have some issue

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:09 am

When you launch the game, it definitely shouldn't directly launch. A launcher should appear, allowing you to look at keybindings and change the resolution and such. As far as the advanced help, you have to hit ? then when the help comes up, you hold it down. You can't just hold it down and have advanced help come up to begin with.
I know nothing of Linux so maybe someone else could help you out here more than me, cause I know I'm not being of any help right now. :P

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Steam, Linux version have some issue

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Unfortunately, this issue with the settings not working in Linux is a Unity issue. I don't think any Unity games running in Linux have sorted this out. You might check the Unity forums, and see if they have a solution?