[WIP]Receiver Fixes

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Razor

[WIP]Receiver Fixes

Post by Razor » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi!
I wanted to let you know that I'm working on some fixes for Receiver, most of what I want to add/fix is taken from Katemonster's topic: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16833

I will update this whenever I add/fix something.
(I also want to adapt Receiver to the new Unity 4.2)

But, there's a little problem:
1) I usually use C# with unity, and I don't use nor know javascript. But I can learn it easily.
2) I won't be able to compile the game with the full settings used by Wolfire Games, because they probably have a Unity Pro license and I don't.
Aaand, I currently can't afford a pro license, despite needing one. (1500$)
If this is a big problem for you, ignore this topic.

What I'm working on at the moment:
Halted to work on my own game. It's nothing special, in case you're wondering. Kinda new to Unity :P (And game programming)

Completed:
- Prevented cylinder from being opened when hammer is cocked.
- Fixed shock drones not falling when killed over distance.
- Fixed dead turrets not pointing downward in sadness when completely dead. This doesn't include damage to parts.
Video showing above features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYi__btaw8
- Fixed being able to spin the cylinder while it's closed.
- Added the firing pin to the revolver. http://i.imgur.com/nUZP6LH.png
- G17 is now darker. http://i.imgur.com/Icrfjzn.png
- Hammer cocking when pulling the trigger just a little seems to have been fixed.

Download:
Nope, not yet
Last edited by Razor on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:57 am, edited 12 times in total.

Katemonster

Re: [WIP]Receiver Fixes

Post by Katemonster » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:51 am

Looking forward to this.

Razor

Post by Razor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:25 am

I just recorded a video with those three features, it's in the OP.

(I thought it was enough features for a video, since two of the three are normally major annoyances)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:41 am

so to clarify, you didn't change all turrets deaths to be the sad downward look did you? I kind of liked the thrill of just taking out the ammo box and not the rotationy thing so it kept spinning and I didn't know if it was alive or not.

Razor

Post by Razor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:41 am

Count Roland wrote:so to clarify, you didn't change all turrets deaths to be the sad downward look did you? I kind of liked the thrill of just taking out the ammo box and not the rotationy thing so it kept spinning and I didn't know if it was alive or not.
It only happens if the turret is completely dead.
The only thing I did, is making it happen even if you are too far.

The only thing I want to fix about the thrill of the game is this:
The music of the game intensifies when there are more enemies nearby.
Now, even if all the enemies around you are unable to harm you, (shot the camera, shot the magazine, shot the motor,) the music still goes.
I'm planning to fix this, because it becomes rather annoying at times.
Going back in a room with enemies unable to harm you but still active, will trigger the music. Even if you know the room is clear, the music still "scares" you.

BlackBluRR

Post by BlackBluRR » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:52 pm

I think the turrets not always pointing down when they die is intentional and not a bug. Meant to make you think twice about stepping in front of that turret that you shot. Is it really disabled, or just playing opossum? I kinda like them actually.

Razor

Post by Razor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:14 am

BlackBluRR wrote:I think the turrets not always pointing down when they die is intentional and not a bug. Meant to make you think twice about stepping in front of that turret that you shot. Is it really disabled, or just playing opossum? I kinda like them actually.
Haven't explained myself.
Everytime a turret dies, that is when its batteries are dead (code checks it this way) it lowers its head.
Now, if you are too far away, the turret is frozen and you can't really see if it's dead or not.
But if you damage their camera, barrel, etc, it still stays up unless the batteries go dead too.

The video I linked shows it took 4 bullets to bring the turret down.
I'm pretty sure he other 3 damaged it badly, but as you can see it was still pointing up, because I haven't touched that.

Razor

Post by Razor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:50 am

I don't know exactly what happened but the main splash screen doesn't work anymore.
And I didn't modify that :|

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 pm

I thought you explained yourself sufficiently when you replied to me, it's cool that you're putting the time into this.

Razor

Post by Razor » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:56 am

Currently halted this for tons of bugs arising after I touched NOTHING regarding them at all.
Examples:
Splash Screen freezes. Haven't ever touched it
Can't manually cock the hammer of the Revolver anymore.
(I have touched this to fix cocking it while pulling the trigger just a little, but it worked. It suddenly stopped. )

Thease are easy fixes, but I figured I'd work a little bit on my own game for now.