Trackpad on macbook pro

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Paris Butler

Trackpad on macbook pro

Post by Paris Butler » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 pm

This game is impossible to play with a trackpad because you have to right click to zoom, and left to shoot. Is there any way to change the controls or will i have to get a mouse in order to play?

AmorphousGamer

Re: Trackpad on macbook pro

Post by AmorphousGamer » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Well, if you're planning on playing any shooter for any amount of time, I would strongly suggest getting a mouse.
To change the controls, all you have to do is open the launcher and go to the "Input" tab. It defaults on the "graphics" tab.

Vespabros

Post by Vespabros » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Wel if you have sum launcher and can change the controls, i would suggest you make the "</," key right click and the "M' key left click. Then, control your camera by resting your thumb on the trackpad and moving the camera with your thumb on the trackpad when necessary. This is what i do for games like mine craft, and others that require you to be able to quickly left and right click.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:15 pm

The real answer is that the devs took this into consideration already. You can use "q" to aim your gun instead of right click, and it works like a toggle, so press it to aim, then press it again to lower your weapon.

AmorphousGamer wrote:Well, if you're planning on playing any shooter for any amount of time, I would strongly suggest getting a mouse.
To change the controls, all you have to do is open the launcher and go to the "Input" tab. It defaults on the "graphics" tab.
No need to change to a mouse necessary, the devs already took this into consideration. He is correct in how to change the controls though, if you want to reassign buttons.
Vespabros wrote:Wel if you have sum launcher and can change the controls, i would suggest you make the "</," key right click and the "M' key left click. Then, control your camera by resting your thumb on the trackpad and moving the camera with your thumb on the trackpad when necessary. This is what i do for games like mine craft, and others that require you to be able to quickly left and right click.
SUMLauncher only works with Overgrowth, as Unity has a built in configuration tool. He can use that though, to rebind the controls, if he doesn't like using 'q' as the toggle.