AZERTY with receiver

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Waïgunga

AZERTY with receiver

Post by Waïgunga » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:06 am

Hi!

I've just purchased Receiver on my mac, and i wanted to try it, but it doesn't seems to be optimized for "azerty" keyboards. Actually, there is a key bindings section in the launcher, but it doesn't change anything in the game... So I looked a bit for some solutions and I found David's to do list for Receiver (no key bindings for azerty keyboards planned though) which brought me back here! So I just wanted to know: Is he still working on the game? Or maybe someone has the solution? (sorry if it this has been already asked, I searched on the forum but I couldn't find anything very useful)

thanks!

AmorphousGamer

Re: AZERTY with receiver

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 pm

To answer the question, "Is he still working on the game?" I will say this. Technically, yes. But the other projects are kind of on hold so that Wolfire can put tons of work into Overgrowth. Once they're done with OG they're probably going to revisit some of the other projects.
As for your main problem, I don't really know what to tell you. The key bindings in the launcher should work. I guess someone else may be able to help with that.

atomtengeralattjaro

Re: AZERTY with receiver

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:45 am

Do you have administrative privileges on the computer? Apparently the key configurations are stored in the registry for some reason, at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\David\Receiver. You may not have the permissions to edit the registry, and so Receiver can't do it either. Just a hunch.
Try running the game as admin.