Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Josh707

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Nov. 16th

Post by Josh707 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 am

Hmm, it sounds like the Garand is a little more complex than the other weapons I've added, I'll give a try eventually but I'll be getting some simpler weapons in before that.

One quick question, how would you properly insert/remove rounds with this magazine? Would you just push them down through the top? I'm done replacing the Thompson but I don't know how the rounds should be animated.
[+] image

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeah, to load a Thompson magazine you just push the rounds down. It's like loading an AR-15 or an AK magazine, or any of the double stack (aka staggered row) with dual (or alternate) feed lips type.

To unload them, you just push the rounds forwards by the base/rim with your thumb like you would do with the pistols.
Most pistols have a single feed lips, regardless whether they are single or double stack. There are exceptions, like the FN Five-seveN or the Stechkin APS, which both use double stack, double feed mags.
Last edited by ArgenGuy on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UNHchabo

Post by UNHchabo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Josh707 wrote:One quick question, how would you properly insert/remove rounds with this magazine? Would you just push them down through the top? I'm done replacing the Thompson but I don't know how the rounds should be animated.
You can see in this video he loads a few rounds into the mag about 5:00 in, and he pushes them straight down.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Okay, thanks! I guess I'll have to change how the magazine holds rounds or it will look weird when inserting them.

saladofstones

Post by saladofstones » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:35 pm

With regards to a lee-enfield, there is a model inside the RO1 official mod Mare Nostrum, which focused on North Africa.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1230/?snr=1_7_15__13

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 am

Oh cool! It's too bad I don't have RO1 so I don't think I could get it.

Hibbey

Post by Hibbey » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:32 am

Hai Guise,

I saw the gun request thread and an action lever rifle caught my attention - so I designed one (but since I love shotguns most, I decided to make a m1887 12 gauge lever action shotgun with a sawn-off gunstock and a slightly shortened barrel)

I included 2 different versions of the model - with sharp edges (preview pic) and with round edges, also for each model-type i varied the rate of part combination in case more separated gunparts make texturing easier (since i got not much time i didn't do a uvw) and I also included some pics how the gun actually works, based on the information i researched.
NOTE: There is one part i called "small plate" or something like that, this one actually tips down, if a shell is pushed into the mag (but since i guess animating this gun in unity requires giving coordinates, i do not know if this may be a bit tricky, same goes for the hammer which is actually part of the lever itself, but can be moved independant from his parent in a certain framework of course)

[->I dont know if this matters anything in unity but i already located the pivot of hammer and lever to the appropriate place]

HDpreview round edges

Anyway I hope this helps (at least this model is, in comparison to the first gun i made, more clean regarding the vertices and overall structure) - best regards
Attachments
m1887.rar
(435 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:59 am

Hibbey wrote:Hai Guise,

I saw the gun request thread and an action lever rifle caught my attention - so I designed one (but since I love shotguns most, I decided to make a m1887 12 gauge lever action shotgun with a sawn-off gunstock and a slightly shortened barrel)

I included 2 different versions of the model - with sharp edges (preview pic) and with round edges, also for each model-type i varied the rate of part combination in case more separated gunparts make texturing easier (since i got not much time i didn't do a uvw) and I also included some pics how the gun actually works, based on the information i researched.
NOTE: There is one part i called "small plate" or something like that, this one actually tips down, if a shell is pushed into the mag (but since i guess animating this gun in unity requires giving coordinates, i do not know if this may be a bit tricky, same goes for the hammer which is actually part of the lever itself, but can be moved independant from his parent in a certain framework of course)

[->I dont know if this matters anything in unity but i already located the pivot of hammer and lever to the appropriate place]

HDpreview round edges

Anyway I hope this helps (at least this model is, in comparison to the first gun i made, more clean regarding the vertices and overall structure) - best regards
Sweet! I wanted to add a lever-action gun. I'm terrible at texturing so I won't be able to do that, I'd have to split some parts into separate meshes and give them all their own materials like with the 870, it doesn't look as good as an actual texture but it works. For the pivot point, yes, it's always a pain to get that right, even on the TT-33's hammer so thanks for positioning that properly! After looking at some pictures I'd need to modify this model a little bit, so the stock can look like wood with some screws in it or something. Either way, thanks! If I do add this it won't be in the next post, but the one after that :P

Hibbey

Post by Hibbey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 am

Well I have no exp with blender, but doesn't it come with a built in unwrapper, which can automatically break down all the scene meshes, without having to do it manually?

Edit - I quickly did the uvw split - maybe it spares you some time if you want to use it
Attachments
uvw map + template m1887.rar
(121.71 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for planning on add the lever-action shotgun. I suggested it because of Terminator 2. The only thing is that the Winchester 1887 used in T2 was 10 Gauge (which is bigger than 12 Gauge), loaded with slug cartridges instead of buckshot.
For the sake of variety, we already have a 12Ga buckshot thrower, and that is the Remington 870. With the Winchester 1887, it should be make a big hole per shot. If it's in 10 Ga, the hole should be almost 20mm in diameter, whereas the 12 gauge should be 18.5mm approx. Either one should be very nasty against killdrones.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Hibbey wrote:Well I have no exp with blender, but doesn't it come with a built in unwrapper, which can automatically break down all the scene meshes, without having to do it manually?

Edit - I quickly did the uvw split - maybe it spares you some time if you want to use it
Yes it does, I'm really bad with it though, hehe. Thanks a lot for doing that, I'll check it real soon!
ArgenGuy wrote:Thanks for planning on add the lever-action shotgun. I suggested it because of Terminator 2. The only thing is that the Winchester 1887 used in T2 was 10 Gauge (which is bigger than 12 Gauge), loaded with slug cartridges instead of buckshot.
For the sake of variety, we already have a 12Ga buckshot thrower, and that is the Remington 870. With the Winchester 1887, it should be make a big hole per shot. If it's in 10 Ga, the hole should be almost 20mm in diameter, whereas the 12 gauge should be 18.5mm approx. Either one should be very nasty against killdrones.
Good idea! I'll definitely make it shoot slugs instead, I added the trench gun as well but it's pretty much the same as the 870, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it in for some other reasons though.
The 1887 will shoot slugs for sure, the gauge doesn't matter too much but I'll look up the necessary info when I get to it.

Edit: Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with operating the C96, more specifically the removable magazine version? I've watched tons of videos but they all use the stripper clip version, and I'm pretty sure the slide is operated differently. Pushing a stripper clip into the chamber presses something that releases the slide, so you have press with your finger if you want to do it manually. Since there's still no external slide lock you can manipulate, how would you release the slide with a magazine?
In RO2 if there's a round in the mag, you simply pull the slide back all the way and release it to go forward. I've done that already, but what about no magazine inserted, or when it's empty? If nobody is sure how it works I'll go ask on some various other forums.

Hibbey

Post by Hibbey » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:14 am

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with operating the C96, more specifically the removable magazine version? I've watched tons of videos but they all use the stripper clip version, and I'm pretty sure the slide is operated differently. Pushing a stripper clip into the chamber presses something that releases the slide, so you have press with your finger if you want to do it manually. Since there's still no external slide lock you can manipulate, how would you release the slide with a magazine?
Well there is actually no C96 with a removable magazine - the weapon you mean is the weapon Mauser M711 (with removable magazine) or M712 (with removable magazine and full auto firing mode), which is looking pretty much the same and is a variation of the C96 but it has a different name and was invented later.

maybe this helps you (guy in the vid uses a M712 calling it by its nickname SCHNELLFEUER)

oh yeah and before I forget it, in case blender doesn't restore the same hierarchy of the scene from m1887, the uvw data is:

Code: Select all

1=barrel
2=lever
3=trigger
4=hammer
5=small loading mechanism

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 am

Josh707 wrote:Edit: Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with operating the C96, more specifically the removable magazine version? I've watched tons of videos but they all use the stripper clip version, and I'm pretty sure the slide is operated differently. Pushing a stripper clip into the chamber presses something that releases the slide, so you have press with your finger if you want to do it manually. Since there's still no external slide lock you can manipulate, how would you release the slide with a magazine?
In RO2 if there's a round in the mag, you simply pull the slide back all the way and release it to go forward. I've done that already, but what about no magazine inserted, or when it's empty? If nobody is sure how it works I'll go ask on some various other forums.
The Mausers variants with detachable magazines (M712, M30/M711) have a release button on the right side (is meant to be depressed with the right index finger if you are shooting right handed).
They came with 10 and 20 round magazines, with the 10 rounders fitting flush into the magazine well.

The C96 model, as they already told you, came only with fixed magazines, although the floorplate can be detached along with the magazine spring and follower for maintenaince or quick unloading of the hangun, by depressing a small button behind the floorplate (if I not wrong) with the help of a tool or the tip of a cartridge.
To manually release the bolt on an empty C96, you have to depress the follower first. This is why the bolt drops automatically when you do load it by using stripper clips, which is the intended (the only safe one) way to do it. You can load it with individual rounds, but it's neither fast nor safe/easy.
I would be easier for you if you code the M30 or the M712 with 10 round magazines, unless you really want to find a way to code a stripper clip system.
EDIT: Here's a FAQ about the Mauser pistol in case you need it: http://www.g6csy.net/c96/c96_faq.txt

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Hibbey wrote:Well there is actually no C96 with a removable magazine - the weapon you mean is the weapon Mauser M711 (with removable magazine) or M712 (with removable magazine and full auto firing mode), which is looking pretty much the same and is a variation of the C96 but it has a different name and was invented later.

maybe this helps you (guy in the vid uses a M712 calling it by its nickname SCHNELLFEUER)
Ah yeah that's right, the textures were named M1712 for this upgrade, I should have checked that out. I found this video of a model of this gun, with it you can just tap the slide forward and it will release, would it work the same on the actual gun?
oh yeah and before I forget it, in case blender doesn't restore the same hierarchy of the scene from m1887, the uvw data is:

Code: Select all

1=barrel
2=lever
3=trigger
4=hammer
5=small loading mechanism
Hmm, I'm not sure if Blender works that way, I've never had to use those kinds of files. Normally I just mark edges as seams and unwrap the whole thing to a texture. The model is working fine though, other than the scale being huge so it should be good to add. I'll see if I can figure out that uv stuff though.
ArgenGuy wrote:The Mausers variants with detachable magazines (M712, M30/M711) have a release button on the right side (is meant to be depressed with the right index finger if you are shooting right handed).
They came with 10 and 20 round magazines, with the 10 rounders fitting flush into the magazine well.

The C96 model, as they already told you, came only with fixed magazines, although the floorplate can be detached along with the magazine spring and follower for maintenaince or quick unloading of the hangun, by depressing a small button behind the floorplate (if I not wrong) with the help of a tool or the tip of a cartridge.
To manually release the bolt on an empty C96, you have to depress the follower first. This is why the bolt drops automatically when you do load it by using stripper clips, which is the intended (the only safe one) way to do it. You can load it with individual rounds, but it's neither fast nor safe/easy.
I would be easier for you if you code the M30 or the M712 with 10 round magazines, unless you really want to find a way to code a stripper clip system.
EDIT: Here's a FAQ about the Mauser pistol in case you need it: http://www.g6csy.net/c96/c96_faq.txt
Yeah, I've added the M712 model with the 20 round magazine already, so I won't be using stripper clips for it. Right now it's only semi automatic and I wouldn't really mind keeping it that way, but if you want it to be mechanically accurate I can change it.

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Josh707 wrote:Yeah, I've added the M712 model with the 20 round magazine already, so I won't be using stripper clips for it. Right now it's only semi automatic and I wouldn't really mind keeping it that way, but if you want it to be mechanically accurate I can change it.
No biggie, there're other ways to perform a 'virtual bump-fire' on Receiver to achieve fullauto firerates. You can shoot as fast as you can click
Cool, now the question is: With or without the shoulder stock attached?