Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Josh707

Re: Rem. 870 - Updated Sept. 25

Post by Josh707 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Brain center wrote:Nice Image! Josh , how about to create different types of ammo for the shotgun ? And I would like to know about controls : can you publish all of it here?
I never thought about different ammo types, I'll think about it but using a slug round would make it pretty much a rifle, and I have plans for adding other weapons. I will think about it, birdshot would seem weaker as the shot(pellet) size is a lot smaller though. As for the controls, sure! I didn't bother setting up the help menu to work with the shotgun so it's good you asked, although they're relatively simple:
[+] R870 Controls
Pull slide/pump back = [ R ]
Raise/lower shotgun for loading (toggled) = [ E ]
Insert round (only when raised) = [ Z ]
Toggle safety = [ V ]
Holster = [ ~ ]

That's it I think. It's a lot simpler than the handguns, but it uses similar controls,
like E for mag release, etc.
AmorphousGamer wrote:Dragon's Breath. Add it nao. :P
Heh. Might as well attach a grenade launcher to it! Or how about an RPG? :lol: Anyways, a build will be available either later today or tomorrow, I just need to get Wolfire to approve before I can distribute it.

Brain center

Re: Rem. 870 - Updated Sept. 27

Post by Brain center » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:12 am

Josh , i can help you :idea: . My icq number is six1five201six73 - contact me :!:

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Brain center wrote:Josh , i can help you :idea: . My icq number is six1five201six73 - contact me :!:
Sorry but I don't think I need any help, the R870 is already done! I'm just tweaking things now and waiting for Wolfire to respond.

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Josh707 wrote:
Brain center wrote:Josh , i can help you :idea: . My icq number is six1five201six73 - contact me :!:
Sorry but I don't think I need any help, the R870 is already done! I'm just tweaking things now and waiting for Wolfire to respond.
Man, that's cool!
What do you use for the 3d modeling?
Also, what other weapons do you intend on adding?
Man... I'll stick to those, don't wanna have a wall of questions, that'd be bad.
Anyways, cool job!

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Riverkiller wrote: Man, that's cool!
What do you use for the 3d modeling?
Also, what other weapons do you intend on adding?
Man... I'll stick to those, don't wanna have a wall of questions, that'd be bad.
Anyways, cool job!
Thanks! Always nice to hear positive things. I use Blender for modeling, and I just want to add a few other handguns as well as rifles and automatic weapons.

Out of the bunch that I already have I'm really not sure, I'm feeling like adding the WW2 era Thompson M1A1 as I have a good model, just needs a little tweaking and is missing the ejection port which is simple to add. I'm not gonna bother adding any other fully-automatic rifles as they wouldn't really fit. The Thompson with the 20 round box magazine should be just right. For handguns, I have the Beretta M9 and Desert Eagle already so I will probably add those as well, I just need to fix up the models a little bit.

As you can see the M9 has a little messy spot on the grip, that needs fixing

Other than those, I want some kind of semi-auto rifle like an SKS or similar. I'm thinking about adding attachments too, it is really simple to add them. Nothing extreme or pointless but I think it would be cool if the Remington occasionally spawned with an under-barrel flashlight as you can't hold one while using it, and maybe a threaded barrel & suppressor for the Glock? Although these robots can't hear you... I'm open to suggestions too, the built game is only 65mb in a .rar so I can make specific changes for people and send it to them.

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Josh707 wrote: 'mazing guns...

Holy hell you use blender?! Teach me your ways like... now!
Anyway, I like the SKS, maybe you can fit a PDW or two? I really adore the MP7, and it's suited for relatively close quarters, too!

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Riverkiller wrote:Holy hell you use blender?! Teach me your ways like... now!
Anyway, I like the SKS, maybe you can fit a PDW or two? I really adore the MP7, and it's suited for relatively close quarters, too!
Heheh yeah. The SKS was just a random one that came to mind, but any semi-auto rifle would be nice. Also a PDW was also what I was thinking too - An Uzi or MP7 is a good idea as they wouldn't take up the whole screen. I forgot and didn't include it in the last post but I have a MAC-10 already too, it's just what you were describing, here's a quick render:

(I'd probably remove the suppressor)

I'm not sure how effective they would be in Receiver though, they might eat through ammo really fast. However, I will probably still do it 'just because'. It's fun to destroy things with guns!

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Josh707 wrote: Image

I'm not sure how effective they would be in Receiver though, they might eat through ammo really fast. However, I will probably still do it 'just because'. It's fun to destroy things with guns!
If you think about it, keeping the suppressor would make sense, as the sound in such an enclosed space would echo pretty loudly with every shot.
Plus it'd be good to have it as a find.. find-able(?) attachment.
They would eat through ammo, as evidenced by the Glock.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Riverkiller wrote:If you think about it, keeping the suppressor would make sense, as the sound in such an enclosed space would echo pretty loudly with every shot.
Plus it'd be good to have it as a find.. find-able(?) attachment.
They would eat through ammo, as evidenced by the Glock.
Yeah that's true about the suppressor. I'd just make 2 different versions so you sometimes spawn with and without it. As for the ammo usage I'm not to worried, I mean you can just tap the mouse instead of unloading the entire magazine at a turret or drone.

Brain center

Re: Weapon Addition Thread - Updated Sept. 27

Post by Brain center » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 am

Josh , Desert eagle only looks cool & just a good brand , no more. In real life it`s very unreliable weapons & I would not use it . But your model of Eagle is made very well & the game is not real life so it will be your decision ...
Josh707 wrote:
Riverkiller wrote:Holy hell you use blender?! Teach me your ways like... now!
Heheh yeah. The SKS was just a random one that came to mind, but any semi-auto rifle would be nice. Also a PDW was also what I was thinking too - An Uzi or MP7 is a good idea as they wouldn't take up the whole screen. I forgot and didn't include it in the last post but I have a MAC-10 already too, it's just what you were describing, here's a quick render:

To Uzi , HK MP7 and MAC 10 i would add some others PDW`s : HK MP5 , Kriss vector , FN P90 , LWRC M6 PSD , Corner shot & russian PP2000 , 9A-91 and SR3 Vihr.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Brain center wrote:Josh , Desert eagle only looks cool & just a good brand , no more. In real life it`s very unreliable weapons & I would not use it . But your model of Eagle is made very well & the game is not real life so it will be your decision ...

To Uzi , HK MP7 and MAC 10 i would add some others PDW`s : HK MP5 , Kriss vector , FN P90 , LWRC M6 PSD , Corner shot & russian PP2000 , 9A-91 and SR3 Vihr.
I figured the Desert Eagle with .50 caliber rounds would fit for this game, it has a lot of recoil but it will annihilate robots if you hit them. I'm not sure if I'll add it but I might. As for those other guns, I'll think about making some of them but not all, the corner shot gun just doesn't seem practical for this game. I like the smaller ones though, the PP-2000 would work well. I can add some for you but I don't want too many full auto weapons, I still want the game to be hard! :) Here's a mini-update for the Thompson, I added the ejection port and cover:

I wish I had better reference pictures though, I have no idea what parts are inside the ejection port so it looks a little empty

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Josh,

I was so happy when i stumbled on this game (the mechanics and art and also the fact that you ca put your own models and animations in) I was literally about to model an Remington to put in in the game but i have ne problem ;( I cant seem to get the game to run in Unity3D! I am familiar with unity but when I downloaded he source from the repository and loaded it into unity, I clicked play to test it real quick, and it sat at a bue screen, can you please tell/instruct me as to how you got the game running and the gun into the game(I already know how to model and animate well, alls i need is your help on this bud). I hope you see this and can please offer me some insight, I really wish to do this (and I have alot of amazing ideas). Thanks ahead of time. -Mikey- You can post back, or contack at [email protected]

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 am

MikeyB wrote:Hi Josh,

I was so happy when i stumbled on this game (the mechanics and art and also the fact that you ca put your own models and animations in) I was literally about to model an Remington to put in in the game but i have ne problem ;( I cant seem to get the game to run in Unity3D! I am familiar with unity but when I downloaded he source from the repository and loaded it into unity, I clicked play to test it real quick, and it sat at a bue screen, can you please tell/instruct me as to how you got the game running and the gun into the game(I already know how to model and animate well, alls i need is your help on this bud). I hope you see this and can please offer me some insight, I really wish to do this (and I have alot of amazing ideas). Thanks ahead of time. -Mikey- You can post back, or contack at [email protected]
Oh yeah I had that same problem when I started, I posted on your other thread with how to do it but you have to open the project in the UnityProject folder which is inside the 7DFPS-master folder that it all comes in. The actual playing scene is just called scene. I don't know why they have such a weird layout, the folder above just seems like old scrapped assets in this game.

Brain center

Post by Brain center » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Josh707 wrote:...Here's a mini-update for the Thompson, I added the ejection port and cover:

I wish I had better reference pictures though, I have no idea what parts are inside the ejection port so it looks a little empty
May be this video can help you : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5LkacqmXrc

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Brain center wrote:-snip-
Thanks! I found that video before but didn't bother watching it, the part that you drew on with the pictures is exactly what I needed. Thanks again!