Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
WTRXGamer

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Oct. 21st

Post by WTRXGamer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:50 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by WTRXGamer on Thu May 23, 2019 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

nomibucha

Post by nomibucha » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:53 am

very nice sharing about weapons i really like it very much

saladofstones

Post by saladofstones » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:18 am

I wish you good luck on getting that rifle in!

One question I have though, the decal/shell casings decay after 30 seconds, is there a way to restore the lifetime to the game's original?

I know it probably brings up lag/optimization issues, but I do like that kind of detail.

Also I like the idea of having the pull back and rotate is separate, but I think for ease of use, the pull back/pull forward should be the same, with the rotate being a seaparate button.

otherwise it seems like its being a lot more cumbersome than it needs to be.

As far as which rifles have straight-pull, I am going to pull out the entirely accurate resource that is battlefield 3 and say that modern rifles might have straight-pull as an option for special operator.

But I think receiver fits better with a more old school look. It would be nice to have a lee enfield as a rifle, since the two stripper clips set-up is fun.

One neat thing would be that the player can use stripper clips on the old rifles, I don't know if they are disposable, but you have the choice of hand-loading or putting in clips.

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Any help at all with my previously posted question?

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:31 pm

jackthearcher wrote:Any help at all with my previously posted question?
jackthearcher wrote:This stuff looks really awesome but when I extract it into the folder I get a "Could not preload global game manager #0" error. What am I doing wrong?
Hey sorry, I've been kinda busy the last few days and I just slept for like 16 hours... Anyways, I'm not sure why that error would come up, did you start copying the files from a version earlier than RC7? Or is there like a different version for steam? Or didn't do the base files first? I'm really not sure why that would come up.
saladofstones wrote:One question I have though, the decal/shell casings decay after 30 seconds, is there a way to restore the lifetime to the game's original?
Not in the build, sadly. I can make a separate version for you on the next update where they don't disappear, or maybe I can try to add something to the options for that. Either way I'll make sure you can have that for the next update. For the rest of what you said, I agree, it would be super fun to use stripper clips as well as slowly load manually. I will see what I can do, it can't be too hard to combine the shotguns internal magazine script with a magazine shaped as a stripper clip :P
nomibucha wrote:very nice sharing about weapons i really like it very much
WTRXGamer wrote:Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Thanks for the kind words! :)

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm

I figured might not of seen the first post because it was the last on its page. Anyway I have the newest version, and I copy it all right into the folder is there a specific way to do it? If so I recommend rewriting the first post on how to add your mod because as far as I can tell I'm doing it right...or I'm just ignorant to something obvious here.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:46 pm

jackthearcher wrote:I figured might not of seen the first post because it was the last on its page. Anyway I have the newest version, and I copy it all right into the folder is there a specific way to do it? If so I recommend rewriting the first post on how to add your mod because as far as I can tell I'm doing it right...or I'm just ignorant to something obvious here.
Hmm... That's weird. It's pretty simple, like I made sure the .rar files were in the same hierarchy as the installation so just dragging the top-most folder to it should overwrite all the necessary files, there should not be any new files there except level2 and maybe a few .dlls in the managed folder. Did you make sure it overwrote all the files including the main .exe?

Oh - one last thing, do you know what bit size your OS is? Like 32 or 64 bit? The build settings in Unity allow the choice between x86 and x86_64, and I had it on x86 when I built the mod. I've googled it and apparently x86 is 32-bit which is confusing because my OS is 64-bit, I'm not sure if that is the issue then but there's a chance.

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Josh707 wrote:
jackthearcher wrote:I figured might not of seen the first post because it was the last on its page. Anyway I have the newest version, and I copy it all right into the folder is there a specific way to do it? If so I recommend rewriting the first post on how to add your mod because as far as I can tell I'm doing it right...or I'm just ignorant to something obvious here.
Hmm... That's weird. It's pretty simple, like I made sure the .rar files were in the same hierarchy as the installation so just dragging the top-most folder to it should overwrite all the necessary files, there should not be any new files there except level2 and maybe a few .dlls in the managed folder. Did you make sure it overwrote all the files including the main .exe?

Oh - one last thing, do you know what bit size your OS is? Like 32 or 64 bit? The build settings in Unity allow the choice between x86 and x86_64, and I had it on x86 when I built the mod. I've googled it and apparently x86 is 32-bit which is confusing because my OS is 64-bit, I'm not sure if that is the issue then but there's a chance.
Yep I made sure I overwrote everything. I also run on a 64-bit system, so I some what doubt that is the issue. To be honest I have no clue what the issue is at all at this point. I have redone the overwriting a few times and I get the same result every time. I'll try it again and edit this if it works, though I doubt it will.

Any other ideas?

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

jackthearcher wrote:Yep I made sure I overwrote everything. I also run on a 64-bit system, so I some what doubt that is the issue. To be honest I have no clue what the issue is at all at this point. I have redone the overwriting a few times and I get the same result every time. I'll try it again and edit this if it works, though I doubt it will.

Any other ideas?
Well that's really weird, I'm out of ideas. If you want, I can just upload a complete build and send you the link through an email or something else that isn't public. It's against what the readme says on the source page but I figure you already own the game, and it will just be this one time, so I'll be taking the link down shortly after. If the complete build works then any updates after that should also work. So if you want to do that, just send me an email at [email protected] and I will respond fairly quick! Unless you want to use something else, I'm not allowed to send PMs for some reason.

If that doesn't even work then I really have no idea. The one last thing I could try is building the game with the architecture setting at x86_64 instead of x86 and see if that fixes it.

Oh yeah, did it create a crash folder with the logs and stuff? If it did could you maybe upload the contents so I can look at them? I had to use that to help find what files were needed for updating when making the base files archive.

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Josh707 wrote:
Well that's really weird, I'm out of ideas. If you want, I can just upload a complete build and send you the link through an email or something else that isn't public. It's against what the readme says on the source page but I figure you already own the game, and it will just be this one time, so I'll be taking the link down shortly after. If the complete build works then any updates after that should also work. So if you want to do that, just send me an email at [email protected] and I will respond fairly quick! Unless you want to use something else, I'm not allowed to send PMs for some reason.

If that doesn't even work then I really have no idea. The one last thing I could try is building the game with the architecture setting at x86_64 instead of x86 and see if that fixes it.

Oh yeah, did it create a crash folder with the logs and stuff? If it did could you maybe upload the contents so I can look at them? I had to use that to help find what files were needed for updating when making the base files archive.
As far as I managed to pinpoint it the problem seems to stem from the mainData file. I replaced everything else with no crashes (obviously though the game didn't function without that key file). I emailed you and I hope that the full build will work.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:29 am

jackthearcher wrote:As far as I managed to pinpoint it the problem seems to stem from the mainData file. I replaced everything else with no crashes (obviously though the game didn't function without that key file). I emailed you and I hope that the full build will work.
Alright, cool. It will take a little bit to upload but I'll reply to that email once it's done!

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 pm

Josh707 wrote:
Alright, cool. It will take a little bit to upload but I'll reply to that email once it's done!
HAHA SUCESS!!! Thanks a lot for all your help. I'll be honest the mod is better than I thought it'd be. Great work! I hope to see more soon.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:25 am

jackthearcher wrote:
Josh707 wrote:
HAHA SUCESS!!! Thanks a lot for all your help. I'll be honest the mod is better than I thought it'd be. Great work! I hope to see more soon.
Awesome! Glad it's working, and thanks :D I've been busy lately and kind of caught up with my own project but I will still be working on this a fair bit.

lamekupo

Post by lamekupo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:23 am

Hey, great mod. I'm truly enthused to see someone tackle modding for Receiver in such a big way. Thanks for providing this for us.

I'd love to see where you take this in the future. I think handling the aforementioned stripper clips would be great and it'd be cool to see an SKS or some such.

Something I noticed though, the TT-33 only has a 7 round mag, whereas I believe it's supposed to hold 8. Could you possibly fix that? It'd be nice to have the TT at least slightly different from the M1911.

saladofstones

Post by saladofstones » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 am

Awesome work so far